Arosa TDi non starter

Robin

Hi i hope someone can help,
I have a:
SEAT AROSA 2002, 1.4TDI, AMF ENGINE CODE, AUTOMATIC, 35000 miles

the car will not start from cold on its own accord, with a little spray of brake cleaner the engine fires up and idles ok. I have scanned the vehicle with a snap-on solus pro scanner:

P1264 VALUE FOR PUMP-INJECTOR 2 CONTROL LIMIT EXCEEDED 17672
P1619 GLOW CONTROL UNIT- J52 OPEN CIRCUIT/SHORT WITH GROUND 18027
P3105 MOTOR INTAKE MANIFOLD FLAP- N239 OPEN CIRCUIT/SHORT WITH GROUND 19561
(I dont have access to vag-com at the moment)

I have replaced the fuel filter and checked pressure to filter from lift pump which is good,
The ecu has been tested and came back with no faults,
Removed the injectors and sent to be test but can't find a place that will test them,

I am suspicious of the fuel pump which is driven off the end of the camshaft and also the 3 injectors.

I do know at some point in the cars life it had petrol put in by mistake and had to be cleaned out and filter replaced.

Id be very greatfull if someone can shed some light on the problem, manys thanks

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I'd be less worried about the tandem pump (the one on the end of the camshaft) than I would about the injector fault. I'd be checking that avenue first, starting with the wiring to them and the electrical plug connectors on each one. Also, the glow plug relay is something which I'd be looking at. When you turn the ignition on, does the glow plug light come on for a second or so?

Robin

Ok, I will double check the avenue to injectors,
The glow plug light comes on then goes out, i have got power at the glow plugs too,
when it is cranking the glow plug light comes on and flashes

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.