At the top of a slippery slope!

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
Well the first mod took place on my cupra tonight, fitted my Jabbasport Induction Kit and I am well impressed with the noise it makes now!

The dump valve noise seems quite loud! louder than I expected, I was thinkin have i fit it correctly?! I was suprised as the car is standard apart from the Induction kit!

Anyone who wants the dv sound, i recommend you by a jabbasport induction kit!

Cant wait for the next mods!:)

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
If you get a flutter sound then i would imagine the standard dump valve is knackered. I'd like a Jabba kit but it's a lot of money for a bit of alu, haha!

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
TimD said:
If you get a flutter sound then i would imagine the standard dump valve is knackered. I'd like a Jabba kit but it's a lot of money for a bit of alu, haha!

Yes I do get the flutter sound! Is this not good!? What sound should I be getting??

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
You should be hearing a woosh, but without it being mapped i doubt you'd here it very loudly. The flutter you are hearing is turbo stall, it means the standard dump valve isn't opening and sending air back your turbo.

Sounds excellent though doesn't it? :D Not great for the turbo, although having said that i had a starlet that did it for around 6 months and it didn't cause it any harm at all!

I'd upgrade to a 007P Forge item if you plan to do anything else to the car :)

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
Right, Yes it sounds nice! I dont want to loose that sound though!

Yes my next mod planned was a Forge dump valve, will have to wait until next month for that though!

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
Gutted :cry:

Will it do damage if I leave it? Must have been like that for a while I guess, i wouldnt of known if I had left the standard airbox on would I?

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
It might be leaking so you'll be loosing some of that precious boost, it can cause damage to the turbo. I'm not entirley sure the exact ins and outs.

Chatter is bad mmm Kay ;)

May 2, 2006
chatter is bad for the turbo defo, it means the DV isnt venting properly and it has to be vented via the wastegate, hence the chatter , replace the DV like tim said, very soon too as chatter destroys turbo's quite quickly (i think)

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
Can I just check? Is it likely that my DV has been faulty for a while but I have only just found out due to putting my Jabbasport Induction kit on?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah theres a fair chance its been toast for a while mate. Not a good thing. Hence why so many people change to the pretty much indesctructable 007P.

Mikey.B

Jul 18, 2004
Kings Lynn
I had that problem when i fitted my jabba induction kit the dv whooshed for a day then it started to chatter, i have Bailey recirc dump valve.... So i took it apart serviced it and it has whooshed ever since....

Especially since stage 2 revo was installed....:D

I think deff go for a forge one, think i am going to upgrade to one soon..

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
Yes mate, Just got off the phone with Bill from Badger 5! Ordered a Black forge one! Should be here on Friday so hopefully all will be fixed!

Mikey.B

Jul 18, 2004
Kings Lynn
Your right about slippery slope thats your second modification, in less than two days.......

Give it month and you will have an IHI turbo.....:D

Dan_the_man

Apr 16, 2006
UPDATE - Fitted the new Forge 007 dump valve over the weekend (Thanks Badger5!) and now all seems good! The chatter sound is gone and I can still hear a faint tsshh.
Sounds like a darth vader breathing type noise as you can hear it sort of "suck" when you accelerate and then tssh when you let off!
I can only hear it at low revs though, think the induction kit drowns it out when Im going faster!

Anyway, one quick question, what is the little wire that looks a bit like a shoe lace on top of the DV?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members