Atteca door mirrors on LEON MK3 FL

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
Hello.

Im Just wondering, does Seat Ateca exterior (door) mirrors fits Seat Leon MK3 Face lift model?
Just thinking about future retrofits to my Leon, Ateca's mirrors have memory function, blind spot assistant, and camera in mirror base.

Just want to know does Ateca's mirror base fits Leon's door, and does it look ok with it?

Also, cant find information does Seat Ateca (or Leon) have anti dazzle exerior mirrors at all?

Thanks in advance.

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Hi, unfortunately they does not fit to Leon 5F because of different mount mechanism. Also Ateca mirrors are much bigger than in Leon so it might look silly.

Leon​
1706201540448.png
1706201561172.png

If you are interested in retrofitting Blind Spot Detection assistant then you can use mirror inserts from Arona: 6F0857522 and 6F0857521. On polish forum about Leons I am documenting my adventures with retrofitting this assistant (probably you might want to use Google Translate): https://leonclub.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69822
1706201948058.jpeg

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
Thank You for Your kind replay @grabania.
I know about arona mirrors, they actually are in my shopping list already.
Just wondered about Atecas mirrors because of surround camera and position memory function, as in future would like to add ellectric memory seats, and why not surround cameras.
But it's looks that I will stop thinking about this for now as I see that base is different, unless its possible to swap mirror base...

About that mirrors are bigger, Octavia 2 FL had really big mirrors compare to pre FL, and actually I liked it.

Any way, thank You for Your input. :)

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Fun fact about Leon 5F: it does have position memory, but only in the passenger mirror - it is used to dip it down with reverse gear. So if you are going to retrofit something (e.g. from Octavia) you only have to do it for driver mirror. Here are some (translated) info from guy how did this after retrofitting seats memory:
After successfully adding the driver's seat memory, I moved on to the mirror memory. A pleasant surprise was that the right mirror already had memory. I bought an Octavia 3 15-pin mirror for a harness and a mirror control motor. Unfortunately, the Skoda harness has different plugs and had to be cut and soldered, and a piece of the harness responsible for memory had to be added.
He also stated that the "joystick" for adjusting driver mirror works in reverse after this mod (up is down and so on), but memory works as expected. If cables were connected otherwise then memory would work in reverse ;)

Here is his front seat with memory buttons:
1706257074603.png

Reactions: Slavixs

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
Fun fact about Leon 5F: it does have position memory, but only in the passenger mirror - it is used to dip it down with reverse gear. So if you are going to retrofit something (e.g. from Octavia) you only have to do it for driver mirror. Here are some (translated) info from guy how did this after retrofitting seats memory:

He also stated that the "joystick" for adjusting driver mirror works in reverse after this mod (up is down and so on), but memory works as expected. If cables were connected otherwise then memory would work in reverse ;)

Here is his front seat with memory buttons:
View attachment 40337

Beautiful seats! :love:

So if I use UK cars passenger mirror to my drivers side mirror it should get memory function? :D Ok, not to use whole mirror, its enough motor with potentiometers from it...

But BIG thank You for this hint!

P.S. if ellectric seats have memory, there is way to activate "massage function" on button "memory number 3"... But it was depend on seat control unit.

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
That's a nice call and maybe it is possible ;) To be honest I have never thought about that haha
I just checked, if mirror have memory function, it got extra 4 pin connector. Normally it have one 8 pin connector.

Checked fast in online scrapyards for mirrors, not all of passenger mirrors have memory function.

Im wondering, is it possible just to change EU car passengers mirror motor to driver mirror - is it same motor (inside mirror) or different for both sides?

Reactions: grabania

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
@grabania I readed polish forum, so You still in process? Will wait when You post final posts then.
By the way, You have best described posts for Leon BSD retrofit I ever seen, will help me out so much.

I also bought 2Q radars for this retrofit already, just today ordered wiring hareness, and then left aronas mirrors and radar holders.

Together with this BSD retrofit I want to put also wireless charging connectivity box also, just to not disasable and assamble interior twice to do wiring, because connectivity box have LTE amplifer at back of car and LTE antenna is behind rear bumper, so I will do wiring for both options in one time... :)

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
@grabania I readed polish forum, so You still in process? Will wait when You post final posts then.
By the way, You have best described posts for Leon BSD retrofit I ever seen, will help me out so much.

I also bought 2Q radars for this retrofit already, just today ordered wiring hareness, and then left aronas mirrors and radar holders.

Together with this BSD retrofit I want to put also wireless charging connectivity box also, just to not disasable and assamble interior twice to do wiring, because connectivity box have LTE amplifer at back of car and LTE antenna is behind rear bumper, so I will do wiring for both options in one time... :)
Yes, I am still in progress, but hopefully I am going to connect everything this or next weekend. Fingers crossed everything will "just work" 🤞

About that amplifier... yeah, I know the pain ;) Also you might be interested in 360 OPS (PLA 3.0) with Park Assist (additional 2 wires to the back of the car) and TPMS (additional 5 wires if I recall correctly). I might be wrong but with my knowledge that's everything that you are able to retrofit on the back of the car, assuming that you already have rear camera.

Here's how that amplifier should be mounted in the hatchback. I was not able to find any photo on the Internet so with some trial and errors after 30 minutes I have found its placement ;)
1706271561302.png

Reactions: Slavixs

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Thank You for Your kind replay @grabania.
I know about arona mirrors, they actually are in my shopping list already.
Just wondered about Atecas mirrors because of surround camera and position memory function, as in future would like to add ellectric memory seats, and why not surround cameras.
But it's looks that I will stop thinking about this for now as I see that base is different, unless its possible to swap mirror base...

About that mirrors are bigger, Octavia 2 FL had really big mirrors compare to pre FL, and actually I liked it.

Any way, thank You for Your input. :)
I hated the larger mirrors on my FL Octy 2, I thought it made it look more like a van. Much preferred the smaller preFL mirror type. Having said that, the shape of the Leon mirrors does leave a lot to be desired!

Attachments

• DSCN0838.JPG
    DSCN0838.JPG
    419.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 686.jpg
    Picture 686.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 28
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.