Holbeach
Yeah give it ago! Well be cool, Thank's

Ok

Sorry about the bad pic's, it was dark :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
anyone checked what a genuine one costs yet ?

plus forge do some good looking ones in black iirc if you are allergic to bling :):)

jamiebennett81

18 quid? Bargin! :D

be wary of the Ebay ones, a recent member on here bought one and it did not fit

IMO, for peace of mind, I will be getting the one off the Awesome GTI site, as it is guaranteed to fit

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
Mines from bay, it’s genuine and fits fine. They have to be “modded” to fit correctly (another member pointed this out to me) but mine was already done so………:D

jamiebennett81

Mines from bay, it’s genuine and fits fine. They have to be “modded” to fit correctly (another member pointed this out to me) but mine was already done so………:D

thats my point....it has to be modded, and it is an ebay member modifying it...

just never heard any issues from awesome, and most ebay ones are fine I am sure.....but for a few extra quid it may be worth it purchasing from awesome

what has to be modified on it anyway?

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
thats my point....it has to be modded, and it is an ebay member modifying it...

just never heard any issues from awesome, and most ebay ones are fine I am sure.....but for a few extra quid it may be worth it purchasing from awesome

what has to be modified on it anyway?

Mine was “pre-modded”, so not to sure. Had a little look and found this.

The audi r8 oil cap depends on where you get it from, eg awesome gti have already modified theres to sit the correct way around, on the r8 the engine must sit in different and the oil cap faces the side. if you have brought it from the dealer which i did to save a few quid it isnt modified and has to be taken apart (very easy) it clips apart, use a stanley knife and cut around 6 grooves and clip it back in so the top is rotated around a bit so it faces foward.

:D

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
The neuspeed and the other cap that was linked to are only covers for your original oil cap, they are held in place with grub screws. The R8 one is a complete replacement.

Just posting as an FYI :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.