Audio Install Completed... well almost!

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
couldnt tell you mate i didnt see it all gonig in as i lef tthe car for the day and came back for it on the night so dont know much thats gone into it you rekon their is something wrong like? it all sems to sound allright like...

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
AFAIK - it should go battery - powercap - fused distro block - amps ( leaving out the arguments about powercaps)

Each amp should have its own seperate fused line and there should be only one input before the fuses.

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
Loking at the pics obviously the cap is wired to the wrong side of the dist block also the main power cable i think is just visible at the top of the pic and appears to be the same guage as the rest of the power cables.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
was just going to say the same thing...... until the phone went ;)

nothing 'wrong' with the way they've done it..... it just means you've got 2 fuses inbetween the power caps and the amps.... if anything, it's safer!

easy fix though, move the red wire that comes from the power caps, to the other end of the distribution block. ;)

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
Wouldnt have thought so but your double fussing all the amps each amp has its own fuse the they are all sharing the one the cap is feeding through

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
ohh well thats allrite lol thought the way yas were talking it was wired up wrong and was going to damage the install but good:) lol im going get it all finished off today so

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
My own view is that everything should run in neat clear lines.

Mine has a safety trip / kill switch under the bonnet rated to 120amps

0AWG cable then runs back to a distro block which splits the power into two 4awg cables. ( you can see it coiled up just behind the seats although not connected in that photo)

Those 4awg cables run to two dual fused distro blocks which have 2x40amp fuses in one and one 60amp fuse in the other.

The two kenwood main speaker amps run a 4awg feed from each 40amp fuse
The kenwood mono amp takes one 4awg feed from the other block with a 60amp fuse.

If i get a fault at the battery end, the power will trip out.

If i get a fault with either amp, it will only blow the relevant fuse and not blow anything else.

I think you can see what i mean here;

20072006240.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 11127

Take it you wont be attempting any high speed chases then! lol looks gd