Aura radio not displaying SAFE

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
Have changed battery on 2001 20V Ts 1.8, and need radio code. But the radio is not displaying the word SAFE when I turn it on. Is there a simple solution for this ? Also Has anyone tried the internet retrieval sites for getting the radio code - I've got the Serial number, but don't want to do it just yet in case the radio is OTT. SOOOOOO, Is there a reason why it isn't displaying the word SAFE ?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Is it displaying 2000 instead? Or anything? Mine always defaults to 2000, you just press 1 to increase the thousands, 2 to increase the hundreds, 3 to increase the tens and 4 to increase the units

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
There is backlight, but nothing at all is displayed . Have changed fuses but stillthe same. Thanks for the replies so promptly.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Are you sure it's turned on? Sounds dumb, but I'm sure it lights up even when powered off (ie ignition is on, radio is not). Can't remember mind you

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
Yes radio is turned on but no display of numbers or SAFE !!!!! Do u think radio is over the hill?

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
No haven't tried that, but will try tomorrow. My son is out at the moment & it's his car, so don't want to touch it !!!!! But he'll certainly have a go & ley u know. So many problems of late - new track rod ends, hubs, bearings & carriers, so he's quite fed up at the moment. Plus cost of new battery. But SEAT dealer knocked £15 off price of new battery !!!!!!!!! Nice one

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Take of the negative and the positive and join the together away from the battery, then re-connect it back up.
Other than that I'm stumped!

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
Many thanks Lee. Will try that as well and let u know what happens tomorrow. Should we leave it away from the battery for any particular length of time or doesn't it matter ?

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
will try it tomorrow. Should say that car wasn't started for about 4 weeks while son was working on it, & battery drained because boot was open & boot light was on. Battery wouldn't hold a charge so bought a new one today. But no power to anything for a while at least, not just for a few minutes while batteries were changed.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise