Auto adjust Xenons-MK2 CUPRA

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
Hi,

been reading on here that the bi-xenons on the cupra do a self-adjust test everytime the car is started, where they move DOWN/OUT/IN/ UP always noticed this when i start the car, or turn the lights on, but today i started the car up to see if this was working because recently it hasn't :confused: Does anyone know if this happens only on stock suspension or should i take it to the stealers to have a look? :(. My car is lowered on Eibach Sportline springs and recently had a Forge Twintercooler fitted where the bumper was taken off if this has something to do with it i don't know.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Mine no longer adjusts up and down either. Not sure why yet, but as its getting darker quicker at night, will need to find out soonish as i am lucky if i can see 10-15 feet in front of the car, and mine has standard suspension.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Mine rarely do it,
I have a eibach pro kit on mine, but not noticed any difference in the way or amount of times they self test.
I have booked in to the dealers twice now, but they have done the self test prior to going:shrug: So cancelled it.
They certainly don`t test as often as when they did when it was new:blink:

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
Well getting it into the dealers this week .. all i know is whether they self adjust or not, i cant see only 5-6 metres in front of me and no more :headhurt: with winter coming up might be a problem all they do when i turn the car on is move fractionally up and that it, no noise/side to side motion as they used to :confused:

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
mine seems to always go up and down but not always side to side. I fine that if you turn the engine on, turn the lights on then put it in first gear without actually moving off just leave the clutch down they seem to do the left and right thing

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.