Autocar Long Term Cupra

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Just a wee note to those that don't already know, Autocar have taken delivery of a new yellow Cupra - first report in this weeks mag. First impressions:-

1. Not too sure about the 'challenging' styling (yawn).
2. Driving position is superb and terrific seats (more comfortable than 350Z).
3. Brilliant £90 i-Pod connector (option) and excellent sound system.
4. Effortless squirt from smooth rorty TFSi engine.
5. Interior as black as a coalminers armpit.
6. Sat-nav doesn't show street names.
7. Oddly shaped gear knob.
8. Bargain hot-hatch.

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
They mentioned the plastics looked a bit shiney and may scratch easily but no specific mention of the centre console. To be honest I've said all along that the dash is slagged off too much - I like the design, it's built to a budget but well put together so what's the problem. Don't get me wrong it would be nice to have the A3 dash but we would be paying at least another £1-2k for the quality.

After 22k miles the dash in my Leon is looking as good as new, no scratches or squeaks. My old man's Golf Plus dash does not look any more special and has more rattles than a babies pram!.

Island Cupra

Apr 10, 2007
Jersey, Channel Islands
After having a few Audi's and having collected my new Cupra yesterday I think the dash is fine. The soft touch section at the front feels nice and the hard plastic at the back on on the doors is ok hard but looks very well built and hey I saved £10,000 over the S3 I'm happy with a slightly harder dash [B)]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.