B7 A4 and Exeo similarities/differences

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Has anyone with an Exeo had a chance to crawl about under over there new Exeo and see whats the differences are between the two motors.

I would presume the body panels and full interior are different but what about the clutches, brakes, suspension?

Does the Exeo offer the same suspension set up as the S line in the B7?

Whats's the OEM brake disc sizes?

Cheers

BTW I have a B7 A4 2.0 TDI 140 S line and am interesting in using David at SereMotors instead of Audi for as many bits as I can.
David is on the case with this too:)

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Brake discs I think are as follows:

2.0 TDi (143/170) = 288mm
2.0 TFSi = 312mm

The Exeo engine is the new B8 Common-rail diesel, so I'm not sure if the clutch is the same as the B7, or not :confused: Unlikely

Suspension, pass! I've got the sports suspension on mine, which is probably more than likely to be the same as the S-line stuff, but not sure.

Andy

INA

Garrett Super STAR!
Dec 8, 2007
www.inaengineering.com
I would presume the body panels and full interior are different but what about the clutches, brakes, suspension?

Does the Exeo offer the same suspension set up as the S line in the B7?

Whats's the OEM brake disc sizes?
Looking at the Geometry and such I would say they are the same. I wont know for a couple of months though as my brother just picked up an Exeo for a rally project. We are going to doa 4WD swap into it a little later on.
I will keep you posted.

p.s. the B8 common rail diesel is still a PD family engine so its a 6 bolt flywheel from the looks of it.
New TSI engine is a 10 bolt flywheel.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Looking at the Geometry and such I would say they are the same. I wont know for a couple of months though as my brother just picked up an Exeo for a rally project. We are going to doa 4WD swap into it a little later on.
I will keep you posted.

p.s. the B8 common rail diesel is still a PD family engine so its a 6 bolt flywheel from the looks of it.
New TSI engine is a 10 bolt flywheel.

Thanks Issam, your some guy for one guy:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members