Bad day for leon :(

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
My under tray collapsed scraping all over last ngiht so took it carefuly to my mates garage,

jacked it up to find.

1. the support has broken,

2. my aircon doesnt work cause the magnetic clutch has fallen out, so defo new compressor!!!

3. When the under tray broke it hit the aux belt fraying it!

4. The frayed belt span through a cable on the front of the car.

So now need

new support
New aux belt
new compressor

and i spent this evening crimping the cables back together!!!

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
unlucky.
i need a new compressor too. i've held out for 10 months, but it's really annoying me now, any ideas on finding a bargain? ;)

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
unlucky.
i need a new compressor too. i've held out for 10 months, but it's really annoying me now, any ideas on finding a bargain? ;)

the compressor is help in by several bolts at the bottom of the aux fan, so my idea is to sneak up to JamesL's place and nick the one out of his engine and hope he doesnt notice until his battery dies due to no alternator and hes stuck in the middle of nowhere cursing my name!!!

That or my mates mate works for allparts so ill just ask him what he can do.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
the compressor is help in by several bolts at the bottom of the aux fan, so my idea is to sneak up to JamesL's place and nick the one out of his engine and hope he doesnt notice until his battery dies due to no alternator and hes stuck in the middle of nowhere cursing my name!!!

That or my mates mate works for allparts so ill just ask him what he can do.

I like the sneaking idea, go with that!

:no: :no: :no: I like the second option personally :D

how do i know which air con compressor i need! lol.

Its the one that looks a bit like mine... oh no, hang on....

Give me a shout if you need a hand James... I have no experience with air con compressors but anyway :D

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
i have the pd 150, but i presume a compressor is a compressor?

although that aircon parts shop seems pretty decent. how come they are half price..?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.