BAD PHONE CALL AUDIO / VOICE OPERATION SOUND

Dec 18, 2021
Hi everyone,
tricky question for experienced users.
I have a Seat Ibiza Connect 2015 and I'm struggling with the following problem.
When my phone is connected through BLUETOOTH or Apple CARPLAY (my car only supports wired CarPlay), the audio coming from voice calls and/or Siri come out only from the front TWEETERS, resulting in a metallic and low volume voice (unusable to make/receive phone calls).
Navigation voice from Maps and Google Maps also has this problem.
Music audio audio from Apple Music, Spotify etc.. both through bluetooth and cabled CarPlay WORKS PERFECTLY.
Everything (voice, siri, music etc..) worked properly until around April/May 2021.
My phone is a Iphone X is updated to the latest iOS 15.2.
I tried to change the cable (I use the original iPhone white cable), to change I think every possible audio, bluetooth and accessibility setting, to forget the car as device in CarPlay settings, to turn bluetooth on/off and forgetting the car as a bluetooth device, to initialize all the settings in the iPhone and I still have this problem.
My iPhone perfectly works in my friend's car CarPlay (it worked even before doing all the stuff mentioned above) and he has a VW Polo 2017 (its infotainment is very similar), so I tought it was a problem of my infotainment system.
My girlfriend's iPhone 8 and another iPhone 12 have the same issue in my car.

My car infotainment is a MIB2 with the following specifics: Hardware H24 and Software version 0241.
I tried to adjust some setting and eventually initialized all the settings in the system and it didn't solve the problem.
So I managed to update it correctly to the 0346 version and I still have the problem. (I may update to the 0479 version, do you think is it worth a try?).

Can some good sould help me to figure out which can be the source of this problem?
Thanks.

Tip: approx one month ago I received a phone call through CarPlay and magically it had perfect sound, clear and deep voice!
disappointed that it lasted only some minutes then switched to the "normal" crackling metallic tweeters sound.

Pro tip: The built-in voice control of my infotainment system gives the confirmation sound of voice commands through the tweeters (the sound is the same metallic sound that I'm struggling with) and it used to do this even before the appearance of the voice call problems. It is called "Voice operation" volume. So I figured out that the infotainment sowftware switch to that volume setting when there's some call/voice operation; I can manipulate that volume in the settings but even at max level it's still a poor voice call sound.

Again, thanks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.