bam engine parts on auq ?

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
Hello there have a leon fr. am wondering can i put a cupra r inlet manifold on ? obviously i would need to change other parts but what would these be ? cheers

my aim is to fit a new intercooler but i want a normal style cooler with the exit on either side .. cheers

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
This is with the standard LC/FR manifold and a intercooler with a pipe either side

87897258.jpg

You don't need the manifold on the other side to do it :)

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
This is with the standard LC/FR manifold and a intercooler with a pipe either side

87897258.jpg

You don't need the manifold on the other side to do it :)

Like the look of that adam.....Was it DIY or the forge item?
Wanna have a go at DIY Intercooler myself.....:D

thegooner

Oct 14, 2009
i believe it can be fitted but use also need the fuel rail as well.
there are 2 ways of fitting a FMIC one brings the hot pie over the top of the engine, the other takes it off the pancake pipe. downside is the pipe work runs from the outlet of the FMIC across the back ofthe intercooler then to the TB

thegooner

Oct 14, 2009
I don't understand how this would fit? :confused:
sorry dont think i explained it right. some kits have the pipework from the turbo down the same side as the standard SMIC in the passengers wing, this obviously does away with the SMIC itself and is connected to the FMIC - on the LHS as looking towards the car - the RHS or the core doubles back on itself behind the FMIC to connect to the throttle body.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise