Bam

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Right as some of you know my engine is pretty much totaled, im in the poisition now where i dont want to shell out 1300 quid for an engine, so whats the diffrence between the 180bhp and the 225? is it the turbo and ecu? ifso will my turbo and loom fit on the engine AUQ i think.

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
know one will want to buy a LCR with a Auq even if it is running a k04

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
big difference in the 2 engines

ecu
turbo
downpipe
injectors
fuel pump

wouldnt have thought a auq conversion into lcr was worth the hassle tbh.

why not just replace with bam??

auq lumps wont be much cheaper.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
big difference in the 2 engines

ecu
turbo
downpipe
injectors
fuel pump

wouldnt have thought a auq conversion into lcr was worth the hassle tbh.

why not just replace with bam??

auq lumps wont be much cheaper.

Only difference from those would be the injectors James, as he would just be replacing the engine and not the peripherals.

I think the difference is the size of the wrist pin on the rods and different pistons.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
Only difference from those would be the injectors James, as he would just be replacing the engine and not the peripherals.

I think the difference is the size of the wrist pin on the rods and different pistons.

but if hes replacing the ko4 to ko3 then the dp and cat are a different bore.... unless that comes with the engine.

ecu would need reprogramming aswell.

he also states he want to fit the ko4 to the auq lump... which doesnt bolt strait on

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
but if hes replacing the ko4 to ko3 then the dp and cat are a different bore.... unless that comes with the engine.

ecu would need reprogramming aswell.

he also states he want to fit the ko4 to the auq lump... which doesnt bolt strait on

Yea, thats true. But it sounds like he only wants to swap the engine and still use his turbo, ECU etc etc.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
yeah he does mate, but from a bam he wants to use his ko4 turbo on an 180 auq lump... which is a no go without the supporting mods.

the auq has ko3s as standard.

so if he wants to run lcr turbo the engine needs to be lcr spec... i.e injectors, fuel pump, map, dp cat, manifold.etc etc.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
What does he have at the mo? LCR or LC?

Think that I think he already has a LCR and is thinking of replacing his dead BAM with a AUQ from a LC and you think the other way round :shrug:

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
he has lcr, and wants to replace with 180 auq...

and use his ko4 from the lcr and fit it to the 180 auq... which isnt a strait swap...

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
I have a 54 plate leon cupra r 225 with a BAM in but looking for a cheap engine, even if its half built il just make one good one out of 2.

but as said, im sure its possible to put a whole auq into a bam... turbo included but the ko4 form bam wont bolt onto ko3 manifold etc from auq.

full auq, dp and cat and exhaust maybe strait swap, youd need the ecu form a auq aswell as they will run different maps.

so full engine, dp, cat exhaust and reprogrammed ecu from auq then i would say yes.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The only part that would cause a problem is the AUQ injectors. Everything alse will just bolt on (inlet and exhaust mani).

Why would it not?

Map has nothing to do with it.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
the ko4 isnt direct bolt onto k03 tho mate...

the ko4 turbo to auq lump isnt a strait swap.

why most people go ko4 hybrid on ko3s, allows useage of manifold etc....

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
the ko4 isnt direct bolt onto k03 tho mate...

the ko4 turbo to auq lump isnt a strait swap.

why most people go ko4 hybrid on ko3s, allows useage of manifold etc....

I know that but he already has the k04 setup.

It dont even matter what turbo he has as all he wants to do is actualy replace just the engine so it dont matter if its off a LCR, LC, mk3/4 ibiza cupra/R, Golf 1.8T/ octavia vrs, A3 1.8T.

All he would be doing is bolting another 1.8T motor onto the hardware/software he already has.

A 1.8T is a 1.8T (tranvers mount). Fitment of echaust and inlet mani will still be the same.

After all he's not actualy wanting to do a conversion from K03s to k04 which would then require exhaust mani, turbo, down pipe and pos injectors.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
james, if he is using purely the auq block; and keeping all the peripherals from his blown up bam, ie: intake mani, exhaust mani, turbo, downpipe, i/cs etc etc than the auq will be a straight swap - just the injectors, but you have to remove these to change the intake manis over anyway..

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
but as damo says, the rods, or wrist pins are a different size on the auq and bam, 19mm and 20mm pins i think??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members