• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • We're live with the new site! Please let us know what you think in this thread. Also let us know if you spot any quirks.

BammerTime!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Well I walked past the Bammer's gigantic new boot with its sorry looking paintwork and thought, 'worth a try'. Out came the G220, some scratch and swirl remover and a hard pad. The thing's transformed. I've managed to get rid of all the residue from the stick on signwriting it had - and it shines! Ok, there's a bit of matt paint here and there, but the urgency to repaint it completely has gone.

It's serving as a temporary store for my Leon's parts as it comes apart.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Just done a 2000 mile round trip to the Vendee in France with 5 young people and the trailer.

The trailer isn't aerodynamic and I managed 22mpg at 60 - 19.5 mpg at 70. :( Fortunately diesel is cheap in France.)

The Bammer was a pleasure to drive and uncramped with 7 up. Good for towing - the trailer was very very stable.

Redface bit, I blew the brake lights on the car connecting the trailer up in the dark for the return journey home. I couldn't find the offending fuse (although I went straight to it at home..). Brake light emulation with sidelights when the Gendarmerie were about. :) Then, on the M11, a motorcyclist suggested I had a problem and when I pulled over, I found that the trailer indicated left when the car indicated right.... :hide: You wouldn't think the trailer plug would go in upside-down, would you? :whistle:

Because the brakelight fuse blew, the glowplug light was flashing. Because of that, no cruise control on the return trip..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise