BammerTime!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
The Bammer got a nice set of UK legal pressed plates (GTi international stall - £25 the pair) :cartman:

I fitted a towbar with a detachable swan neck earlier this week.

P1050788.jpg

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Well I walked past the Bammer's gigantic new boot with its sorry looking paintwork and thought, 'worth a try'. Out came the G220, some scratch and swirl remover and a hard pad. The thing's transformed. I've managed to get rid of all the residue from the stick on signwriting it had - and it shines! Ok, there's a bit of matt paint here and there, but the urgency to repaint it completely has gone.

It's serving as a temporary store for my Leon's parts as it comes apart.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Just done a 2000 mile round trip to the Vendee in France with 5 young people and the trailer.

The trailer isn't aerodynamic and I managed 22mpg at 60 - 19.5 mpg at 70. :( Fortunately diesel is cheap in France.)

The Bammer was a pleasure to drive and uncramped with 7 up. Good for towing - the trailer was very very stable.

P1050980.jpg

Redface bit, I blew the brake lights on the car connecting the trailer up in the dark for the return journey home. I couldn't find the offending fuse (although I went straight to it at home..). Brake light emulation with sidelights when the Gendarmerie were about. :) Then, on the M11, a motorcyclist suggested I had a problem and when I pulled over, I found that the trailer indicated left when the car indicated right.... :hide: You wouldn't think the trailer plug would go in upside-down, would you? :whistle:

Because the brakelight fuse blew, the glowplug light was flashing. Because of that, no cruise control on the return trip..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise