Battery Box Fitting Guide

Been toying with this idea for some time now since i had viewed Etka and seen there was a VAG battery box and the Seat one was just pants.
I'm sure this mod can be done for the MKII Leon as well. anyway heres the info.

Part numbers are:

1K0915336B
1K0915335C
1K0915443C

available from Skoda or afaik VW/Audi. I paid £15.70 inc VAT

1. Undo the airfilter top just like you would replace the panel airfilter. this allows you to get at the retaining clamp for the battery which is underneath the MAF sensor.

2. Remove cloth battery cover and then disconnect battery.

NOTE: please make sure you have any Radio codes for aftermarket sounds systems at hand!

3. Once you have battery removed start putting in the two end pieces. the back end will go in first, make sure earth cable is clear from back, put it to the right of the battery housing, it feeds into the battery box from the top on the right side.

4. The front part is a bit more awkward. the cable goes underneath the battery box front in the middle, you'll see the recess at front of box when it should enter the inside of the box. the front end slides into the rear part of the box at the sides and both clip in at front and back of the base. NOTE: be careful the clips look brittle.

5. Then pop the battery back in. clamp it down, connect earth strap first. the positive lead. pop the top on and thats it.

6. Replace Airfilter top.

NOTE.

ESP light and Electromechanical Steering light were on when I turned ignition. you have to drive approx 50m (or less) for both lights to go out. (described in user handbook)

btw excuse the dirt on my Engine, it needs a detail :) Enjoy!

batterybox.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Good work Simon. Does it hav any other function other than the look? Saw it on Sunday and looks neat and tidy, although dont mind cloth cover, except hard to clean,grit etc get trapped. Think local scrapy will be visited!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.