BDM Cupra K1 Project

Backdraft

We have been playing around with our little K1 for a few weeks now and here are the results. The car came to us bog standard. We installed Revo stage 1 and made our own downpipe and sports cat and were very impressed with the figures of 315 bhp and 438 Nm.

Still wanted more power! A high pressure uprated fuel pump, forge twintercooler, forge DV, Pipercross pannel filter and Revo stage 2+ was added. What a difference. 360.3 bhp and 473.9 Nm. Peak bhp at 5700 rpm thats held up to and past 6600 rpm (the car wasnt reved any higher), but on the road it pulls right to the limiter at 7.5k. Peak torque at 3700 rpm and full boost at 3000 rpm. Its hitting 1 bar of boost by 2.6k!

DSC00553.jpg

LeonK1stg2Bst9tim5fuel9360bhp.jpg

We have also fitted a Spec stage 2+ clutch and lightened steel flywheel along with a Peloquins diff. Now the power can be put down on the corners! I did manage 4th gear wheel spin in it while testing in damp conditions.

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

Sitting a tad lower on KW coilovers. Even lower now since its settled.

DSC00552.jpg

Has anyone else with a K1 lost their front jacking point covers? They flew away!

Cheers, Alex

Backdraft

looks bloomin lovley! what else you's got planned for it? or is that the final mods?

There is loads left to do. Needs some bigger roll bars and bushes all round. Then we will use it to build a big turbo kit on. Prob a GT3071 or 76. Not sure on what brakes to go for yet either. Watch this space ;)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Interested in the BT front :)

Im already looking for more power then my BT :D

I did send you an email on your site last week regarding internals, but never got a reply :confused:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise