Beat a Mk5 Golf gti

Dec 21, 2005
London
I am so pleased with my Leon after i had it remapped its a complete different car I had a race with a black golf gti mk5 was a good race but my leon is super quick now theres just too much torque, I would higly reccomend anyone who wants to get a remap to get a custom map if you got the right mods anyone else beat a golf gti mk5 ?

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
I actually did this with me diesel lol, all be it it was on the role on the motorway and mines not standard lol. It's the only car i have had a go against in mine, GTI driver was not happy.

gazjones

not had the pleasure yet though ive not got a big list of wins as ive not come up against much really few things at pod that i theoretically could have beat on the day but didnt race
it is fun though having a remapped car and showing some cars up

paul26982

clio 182's, focus st (stayed with), mg zt, astrah coupe turbo, the list is endles

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Ive been along side two both out of tolls (m6 and dartford), Neither GTI driver was impressed with the result :D

stevecupra

Apr 4, 2005
Derby
Simply overtook the Mk5 GTI in my 20vt with Revo and a few other bits. Goft driver was not very happy at all, and there was only him in his car and two of us in mine. So he had the weight advantage

scottzedal

How Fast!!!!
Aug 31, 2006
Nantwich, Cheshire
Allright SteveCupra

I've just had my LCR remapped with Revo about a month ago and have posted before that i'm not overwhelmed by the results.

I am running with standard fuel over Super and have been advised that i've dramtically compromised the software by doing this.

Are you mapped with standard fuel or are you on the good stuff??

Either way, has the map given you the increase you expected as mine hasn't.
Regards
Scott

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
The standard GTi is a bit gutless really, but when they are mapped they go like rockets! Normally seeing 300lbsft of torque easily :D

But an LCR against a standard GTi would have no worries.

paul26982

Allright SteveCupra

I've just had my LCR remapped with Revo about a month ago and have posted before that i'm not overwhelmed by the results.

I am running with standard fuel over Super and have been advised that i've dramtically compromised the software by doing this.

Are you mapped with standard fuel or are you on the good stuff??

Either way, has the map given you the increase you expected as mine hasn't.
Regards
Scott
i dont like revo :whistle:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
The standard GTi is a bit gutless really, but when they are mapped they go like rockets! Normally seeing 300lbsft of torque easily :D

But an LCR against a standard GTi would have no worries.

Very true - the amount my (stock) LCR pulls away from the GTI is quite bizarre really, I expected it to be more of a challenge :blink:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to have a money back policy if you decided within 30 days that you were unhappy with the product.

Just out of interest, why aren't you happy with it?

stevecupra

Apr 4, 2005
Derby
Its running on Shell V-Power, Its actually a 02 Bora 150 bhp 20vt with a revo remap stainless exhaust Miltek DV k&n filter etc. Revo made a massive difference and well worth the money. It just flies whenever you put your foot down.

Steve

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
I had a go with a Mk5 GTI last week from off the lights and not much in it at the start but pulled away quite easily eventually. Mine has just a remap...

Even before the remap i stayed with one and he couldnt pull away.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I drove a Mk5 GTi a few weeks back... It was boring, i was glad to jump back into my LCR afterwards.

It was nice but it just didn't seem as fast compared to a Leon.

Um... that would be down to the Golf having less power?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.