"Bed-in" time on spec 3+

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
I´ve recently fitted a spec 3+ clutch with G60 fly together with my k03s setup (a bit overkill but might go larger or BT later)

Read on different forums that the clutch need time to bed in???

The reason for asking is cos I wonder if the clutch will get less harsh after some use(abuse) as I´ve alredy manage to "stall" the engine twice at lightstops:)
I guess it all comes down to getting used to it as Im not using the car as a everydaycar...

Anyone with experience of spec3+ over some time use vs. newly fitted???

Prebs

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Iv got a stage 3 which is a paddle clutch so its quite 'on' / 'off' but I thought stage 3+ was a puck clutch which is the same as standard so should be just as easy to drive and pull away with? My stage 3 got easier after a few weeks but you also get used to it more.

Wilkeh

Cliosport to Cupra to CTR
Mines quite nice to be honest, really light and has a nice bite. It's the VR6 clutch with G60 flywheel. I didn't realise how light it was until I stalled it pulling off the drive when I bought it. Never stalled it since though. They defo need time to bed in thought.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Mines quite nice to be honest, really light and has a nice bite. It's the VR6 clutch with G60 flywheel. I didn't realise how light it was until I stalled it pulling off the drive when I bought it. Never stalled it since though. They defo need time to bed in thought.

Great reply. Doesnt the thread topic give you any idea what the thread is about?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you will need a few extra revs to pull away without judder on these clutches which you get used to

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Thanks for replies lads...

I guess it all about what you get used to... havent driven the car much (only a few runs to do some logging with vag-com red. Bill:) I normally dont use the car during winter time cos of the salt they put on the roads over here in norway:-((( Have had a few runs thou but I guess the clutch/fly will need a small bit of time/use to settle.

I´ve not only noticed that I need some more revs when pulling off from start but also need to slip the pedal out a bit slow when changing gears up at high revs, if I slip it to fast (like I did with my old one) it gets a bit brutal when engaging, but again I guess it´s all about getting used to and a bit of wear as for now Ive only driven for about 2-3 hours with it since fitted.
Enough said, all in all I´m very pleased with it and the pedal actually feels lighter than standard does.

I´ll be looking forward to spring time and dried up roads.-))) might have to do a bit of practice on hill-starts thou:)))

Prebs

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.