Bens Mk2 Cupra

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Update on the Cupra AMD told me the rear nearside caliper was sticking when I had all the work done before xmas. This had got worse last week and had completely worn the pad down to metal so ordered Brembo rear discs and pads from euros which worked out at 100 quid with the discount code. Ordered an original rear caliper from TPS which was slightly more shocking at £190 and my mate fitted it all for me on Saturday for £50 so that was a result.

Some knob also decided to obliterate my drivers side mirror as well which was £194 for the complete unit which is being fitted tomorrow by an ex master seat technician who's a friend of my cousin who recently done the drivers side door lock module for me after that packed up a few weeks ago. Will let him look after car from now on awesome service and great prices so if you need any work done let me know.

So car has cost me a fortune recently but still love it and not like I can go out partying at the moment lol.

Rear tyres next month and booked wheels in at Lepsons for full refurb as the front ones are slightly buckled also picked up during service at AMD. Thinking of going for anthracite as they are currently a darker grey.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Update on the Cupra AMD told me the rear nearside caliper was sticking when I had all the work done before xmas. This had got worse last week and had completely worn the pad down to metal so ordered Brembo rear discs and pads from euros which worked out at 100 quid with the discount code. Ordered an original rear caliper from TPS which was slightly more shocking at £190 and my mate fitted it all for me on Saturday for £50 so that was a result.

Some knob also decided to obliterate my drivers side mirror as well which was £194 for the complete unit which is being fitted tomorrow by an ex master seat technician who's a friend of my cousin who recently done the drivers side door lock module for me after that packed up a few weeks ago. Will let him look after car from now on awesome service and great prices so if you need any work done let me know.

So car has cost me a fortune recently but still love it and not like I can go out partying at the moment lol.

Rear tyres next month and booked wheels in at Lepsons for full refurb as the front ones are slightly buckled also picked up during service at AMD. Thinking of going for anthracite as they are currently a darker grey.

Passenger door lock module also started playing up last night so had a new one fitted while he was doing the drivers side mirror. My dad picked her up and she's been washed at BMW where he works and back to looking fresh.

Attachments

• IMG-20210126-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210126-WA0005.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 224

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Hopefully this means a break from needing maintenance parts and time for enjoying it... well when this weather buggers off haha
Car looks very clean and excellent in red :cool:

Reactions: Benmk2cupra

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Hopefully this means a break from needing maintenance parts and time for enjoying it... well when this weather buggers off haha
Car looks very clean and excellent in red :cool:

Tell me about it id rather spend the money on go faster bits etc but good to keep on top of maintenance. Cheers mate going to get it painted at some point.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Booked car in with the ex Seat tech for May for the following might be the last of maintenance bits from the service list and might be expensive so gives me time to get some overtime in lol.

New drivers side rear caliper
New rear caliper carriers
New small cooling fan on radiator
New front discs and pads
New thermostat
Normal service and cam follower it was changed 10k ago but only done 4k on it since mapped so far so will see how it's worn in May.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Booked car in with the ex Seat tech for May for the following might be the last of maintenance bits from the service list and might be expensive so gives me time to get some overtime in lol.

New drivers side rear caliper
New rear caliper carriers
New small cooling fan on radiator
New front discs and pads
New thermostat
Normal service and cam follower it was changed 10k ago but only done 4k on it since mapped so far so will see how it's worn in May.
Definitely worth every penny doing that lot.
your mk2 is definitely a Keeper mate the photos on here don’t do it justice.
After that lot your have a solid base for stage2 +

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
I've never heard a good word about their maps on tfsi engines. If you want to know more PM me 👍

Already got an AMD map and it runs sweet. Im going to book in later in the year for rtech once my list of mechanical bits is finished.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Thanks mate will shout you as soon as the Leon’s stage2+ and let you take it for a spin see if you like the way it puts the power down for when you do yours.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Thanks mate will shout you as soon as the Leon’s stage2+ and let you take it for a spin see if you like the way it puts the power down for when you do yours.

That would be sweet nice one cheers matey definitely fancy stage 2 plus. Hopefully we can get out to some Leon meets this year.

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
Already got an AMD map and it runs sweet. Im going to book in later in the year for rtech once my list of mechanical bits is finished.
You might think it's running sweet but once a decent tuner gets their hands on it like r-tech etc, I bet the logs will uncover some dangerous mapping. But I'm glad your going to a decent tuner next 👌

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Been a bit quiet on here recently as after working in the NHS for 19 years I got a new job as an engineer which came with a 10k a year increase without overtime which is £500 for a weekend and a company car and although im now having to drive all over the uk I love it. This also means the Cupra doesn't need to be a daily.

This obviously means a lot more available cash so the cars booked in with the Seat tech end of August for the following.

Full service
New thermostat
Front discs and pads
Small cooling fan on radiator replaced
Cam follower

End of September its booked in at AKS tuning for the following

Helix clutch with dual mass flywheel
Vis freewheel sprocket
New slave cylinder
Oil pickup pipe
Airtec front mount

Then I just need downpipe,decat,RS4 valve and fuel pump internals and booking it in at Rtech.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.