Best deals

Matted

Oct 17, 2015
Hi everyone. Had some really useful posts back to my last thread-thank you. I'm planning on ordering a Leon 1.4 FR ST pretty soon and wondered what kind of deals people have managed? My local dealer says he can't/ won't match DTD. Think he may get within £1000 of it, but I obviously want cheaper! I also have a part-exchange which DTD don't offer. Any ideas?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Depends where your based! But generally Jenning's SEAT at Middlesbrough is able to offer discount levels that other dealers aren't willing to go to.

Does help that I'm good friends with many of the staff there but they are generally good to SEAT fans.

I did a 7 hour round trip to pick up my Cupra 280 because of this! My sister also bought her first car from them which was a 5 hour round trip.

Matted

Oct 17, 2015
Hi. In in Brighton. Dealer said they used to provide cards for DTD but no longer as they make a loss. He said they will match Car Wow, but that's quite a bit more than DTD. Do I believe him? Should I just order through DTD and sell privately? He offered me above market value for my old car, and the MOT is soon due. Thanks.

100andthirty

Mar 19, 2004
All sorts of issues to consider: How much is your part-ex worth and how much hassle you're prepared for in selling privately. Also lowest possible price on the new vehicle leads to lowest possible part-ex - back to selling privately. In the end the only number that matters is the cost to change - price you pay-what you get for the part-ex

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
Used DTD for my FR, around £2500 less than dealer prices (they know of DTD but couldn't get anywhere near the quote)

Couldn't part ex with DTD so used Southern Car Buyers and got the top end of part ex price, no hassle or attempts to change the quoted price. Give them a shot if you're looking to sell and cba with going private.

At the dealer I got offered CAP value on my C30 then it went up a bit as they played with the numbers (really taking 500 off the new car). Going the route I did in the end got both the car cheap and part ex more than CAP value... result :)

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
All sorts of issues to consider: How much is your part-ex worth and how much hassle you're prepared for in selling privately. Also lowest possible price on the new vehicle leads to lowest possible part-ex - back to selling privately. In the end the only number that matters is the cost to change - price you pay-what you get for the part-ex

I agree with thsi, cost to change is everything. Although there are a few factors involved - also dependent on how far you're willing to travel and how committed you are to getting the best deal

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.