Best Driving B Road Allrounder on JS Mani

G2T

Mar 28, 2007
West Wales
Just a quick one to bring this back from the dead, looks like the build is now going to be into a mk2 jetta, with a twist.
Still trying to choose between a 16g6 or an 18g, plus who to get it from.

Thanks for all the links so far, my favourites is getting very crowded!!:)

G2T

Mar 28, 2007
West Wales
Well owing to current £ to $ crap ness and general belt tightening I`ve not given up just compromised slightly and have a vf34 on the way (got a good price).

At present the spec is

AGU engine
Jabbad mani and downpipe
vf34 with 18 housing although I have a 20 as well
Siemens 630cc injectors
Allard IC
DTA management

On the look out for a deal on rods.

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Depends on the map. 630cc should work. Nice overhead to upgrade later.

Chris, you got your car mapped on the new turbo yet?

ceedubya

crazy legs
Mar 18, 2004
newcastle upon tyne
Depends on the map. 630cc should work. Nice overhead to upgrade later.

Chris, you got your car mapped on the new turbo yet?

nearly done mate ;) its being mapped march 2nd

a mate of mine took his car to jabba with a vf 34 and siemens 630s and they said they were too big, i ended up lending him my bosch 550cc injectors to get it mapped

his car has a AGU engine if that makes any difference being cable throttle ???

(he came back with 314bhp[:@])

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
i have 750cc injectors running my 16G6 ,i could easily run 1000cc's.If your running a full standalone it's no problem at all.

G2T

Mar 28, 2007
West Wales
Bringing this back from the dead, still quietly collecting bits for this set up, have recently added supertech exhaust valves and used je forged pistons to the parts bin.

Still looking at turbo options for the existing jabba mani, as the car will now be primarily track focussed, so I want hard spooling minimum lag, with good top end and reliablity (still very similar to what I wanted in the beginning), but will run the vf34 already bought as a starting point.

Rods are really the last major item on the list.

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
heat will be the enemy on IHI and track use
hotsides do not cope well with likely egt's, and when pushed on boost, bearings are well know for giving up from overspeed.

VF34 on sensible conservative for track use boost, 1.2-1.4bar peak.... mapped with egts in mind, so get a gauge installed if I were you so you can see whats occuring.

LUPO GTI 20VT

I recently changed my vf34 for a td05 18g it didn't do 200miles and I have now fitted the vf34 back to my car the td05 was no were near like the 34 the td05 was too lazy and wasn't as good at the top end my engine is standard bore and stroke maybe that didn't help but it was nothing compared I was only changing because the td range can be rebuilt my 34 as done about 10,000 miles and was in perfect condition