Best polish

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
Got an emotion red mk3 FR. What is the best polish anyone can recommend???? I like to keep it shiny and want something that a can apply frequently and quickly. Used to be autoglym super resin polish but was wondering if there's something better

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
I have a red (not sure if Flash or Emocion)
MK1 Leon and have used Victoria's Concourse wax. I used to get some amazing results after a full detail using this wax.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Stick with autoglym SRP.

it is a light abrasive so doesn’t really correct any issues in the paint but it is good for masking issues as it has sillicone in it, for ease of use and hand polishing i wouldn’t look past it.

top off with a decent wax / sealant. Collinite 476S is still one of my favourites and last for forever. Or as it it a red car you can get poorboys natty’s paste red wax which is easy to apply and remove.

Reactions: rob280 and Legojon

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Stick with autoglym SRP.

it is a light abrasive so doesn’t really correct any issues in the paint but it is good for masking issues as it has sillicone in it, for ease of use and hand polishing i wouldn’t look past it.

top off with a decent wax / sealant. Collinite 476S is still one of my favourites and last for forever. Or as it it a red car you can get poorboys natty’s paste red wax which is easy to apply and remove.

I use the liquid version of Collinite 476S, which is Collinite 845. It also lasts forever - bought my first bottle in 2011 and I’m still only on my second bottle. Because it’s liquid, it’s really easy to apply and remove and has good durability. I last used it on my car in October last year and it does probably need topping up soon, but IMO 7 - 8 months protection from a wax is pretty good.

Agree, Autoglym SRP is good at masking light swirls because it contains fillers. However, it probably needs to be re-applied every 2-3 months as the fillers will be removed through regular washing over time.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
OK so a litre of SRP and which wax??? A spray on and wipe type or more of an actual wax
Well if you want to wax it like twice a year get some Collinite 476S wax and it will last 6 months at a time, it is a hard wax so will take a bit of applying and buffing off but it isn’t bad as you only have to do it every 6 months or so.

Or if you like waxing your car now and again just get a nice and simple Meguires Carnauba Liquid wax, so simple to apply and take off but only lasts a month maybe.

depends what you want

Jun 15, 2020
Can’t go wrong with Dodo Juice waxes. On a red car you’ll probably need the Hard Candy version. I’ve used Dodo Juice for years now and whilst it doesn’t appear to be cheap (£25~ on Amazon) I had one tub of it last a couple of years. In regards to polish, SRP is great stuff for a good price. I used to muse Dodo’s Lime & Prime but didn’t notice and real difference between the two, so get whatever is cheaper at the time. If you want to get rid of scratches, but don’t want to go crazy, the lime and prime has slightly more abrasive than the SRP but it’s hard work without a machine polisher.

Reactions: Compo1

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Well this is very good timing. I have an emocion Red Leon FR too, which I have actually just polished and waxed.
Lighting doesn't do it justice in the photo, but it looks really good.
I used Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax.
Excuse the cat
https://imgur.com/ijXwxNM

Reactions: Compo1

Steeldevil

Jan 13, 2019
I've moved away from traditional polishes and waxes, I now use all autobrite direct products. Try the magiseal range applied with a snow foam lance. Truly stunning shine and protection.

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
received_2965508440342847.jpeg

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Never been a fan of SRP. Its cheap that's all it has going for it. As a filler glaze (and ceramic repair product) I use CarPro Essence Plus. Its not cheap, but fills better and lasts a lot lot longer.

Frankly that and Sonax BSD are all thats needed to protect paint on the majority of cars, and the finish is excellent.

Reactions: Seriously?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Frankly that and Sonax BSD are all thats needed to protect paint on the majority of cars, and the finish is excellent.
Sonax BSD is a superb product - couldn't do without it !

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Years ago I used a fantastic polish. It was clear and wiped on like water. So easy. Can't seem to find anything similar now. I bought a Halfords polish which looked similar but it was total garbage.

The stuff was called Diamond something, or something Diamond.

Super Resin Polish does work ok but it's too much work and there are lots of polishes that I think are just as good but cheaper.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Years ago I used a fantastic polish. It was clear and wiped on like water. So easy. Can't seem to find anything similar now. I bought a Halfords polish which looked similar but it was total garbage.

The stuff was called Diamond something, or something Diamond.

Super Resin Polish does work ok but it's too much work and there are lots of polishes that I think are just as good but cheaper.
https://diamondbrite.co.uk/seal-shine-plus.html Sounds like this?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.