Best Tyres for Front Grip

Oct 11, 2020
Hampshire, UK
I've had my 2017 Cupra 300 DSG since November last year. It's got Bridgestone 235/35 r19 tyres on the front. Although the front end grip round corners is awesome I find that they let go too easily from a standing start so that the traction control kicks in. Apart from that making it feel like it's got square wheels it also kills the acceleration. I realise that putting 300 bhp through the front tyres is always going to be a challenge but does anyone have advice on the best tyres available in the UK to reduce this problem?
Thanks, Steve.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4S's
Personally I would now like to find some errr 'Quieter ones'. Getting a lot of rod noise.
However just read that a new Porker on these has very intrusive tye/road noise.

Reactions: Steve300

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Agree with the michelin pilot sport 4's

Another option is the pilot super sports, but they can be a bit more tricky in the cold/wet, but hold so well in the warm and dry

Goodyear Eagle F1's are a cheaper option and better than the pirelli or Bridgestone tyres in my opinion on the cupra - also noticeably quieter for me

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Agree with the michelin pilot sport 4's

Another option is the pilot super sports, but they can be a bit more tricky in the cold/wet, but hold so well in the warm and dry

Goodyear Eagle F1's are a cheaper option and better than the pirelli or Bridgestone tyres in my opinion on the cupra - also noticeably quieter for me
The pilot sport 4S is actually the pilot supersport replacement, where as the pilot sport 4 is the pilot sport 3 replacement, agree with the goodyear F1 supersport, its a very good tyre!

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Pilot Sport 4S is a more track orientated version of the Pilot Sport 4. I just fitted Pilot Sport 4 to the front of my car and they're a bit noisier than the Goodyear Efficientgrips I had on before but the grip is amazing and they're supposed to be very long lasting.

AT Designs, Custom Badge Design for forum members