Big brakes or uprated pads and discs?

Dec 19, 2006
Hello, my standard brakes are coming to the end of their life so am thinking about other options to replace them with.
Option one is to keep the standard calipers and get EBC grooved discs and DS2500 pads.
Option two is to get new 4 pot calipers (brembo, neuspeed etc) mounting kit and use the discs and pads they supply or get uprated discs and pads.
I'm possibly looking at going big turbo or hybrid turbo so looking around the 300bhp mark give or take a few so want brakes that are going to be able to perform when there needed better then standard brakes.
The thing is I'm not sure if I'll have enough clearance between the 4 pot caliper and the back of my alloys, the wheels are on spacers already and can't come out any further or the wheel will hit the inside of the wing.
Which puts me back to using standard calipers with uprated discs and pads but would that be enough stopping power?
Any sensible help or advice is more then welcome lol, car is a LC, lowered a fair bit and sits on TSW holstens ;-).

Thankyou

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
A set of decent discs, pads and brake fluid will make quite a bit of difference...speak to Bill at Badger5, I think he recommends a set of brembo discs, with the DS2500 pads and some nice fluid as well.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
If your car already has the 312mm brakes then uprating the pads and discs would be alright if you were only planning a remap and other light mods, however if you plan to go the whole haul then 4 pots are by far the better choice, porsche boxster rear calipers are usually the weapon of choice for leons and you can buy carriers and hoses from the likes of awesome, in fact they can supply the entire kit including discs, pads, hoses, calipers and mounts for about £1300.

Dec 19, 2006
What about the clearence though from the caliper to the back of the alloy? That's my main concern if go for a 4 pot caliper.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.