Big Problems :(

RobLeon20V

Oct 5, 2004
Cornwall
OK, so cars broke again... I thought it was the MAF had the hesitating throttle the works, i was on way to luton and had pretty much no choice but to carry on as i had a flight to catch and didnt have courtesy car on my aa cover.

So it starts off hesitating lots but still pulling quite well, by the time i hit reading it felt like it was firing on 3 cylinders, backfiring and had done 289 and pretty much empty on fuel!

Went to budapest, got back called AA got taken back 2 plymouth on a flat bed and left it at seat....
I was adoment it was the MAF again and they got one in and replaced it to no avail, theyve checked absolutely everything, went in today and they were testing the injectors, which were fine then onto the fuel tank and fuel filter etc, only other thing they reckon it could be is a stick valve :(

Anyone got any bright ideas anyone?

Wob

RobLeon20V

Oct 5, 2004
Cornwall
oh couple of other things, fault code was "fuel adaptation limit surpassed" and my engine has a transformer and leads not coil packs.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
sound like an ignition issue.

when were the leads & plugs last changed

may not do it without load.

JRB

May 29, 2004
Kent
Might be worth looking for an air leak in either the intake or exhaust system might be a lambda sensor?
Computers are fickle things faults brought up dont always point you in the right direction.Does yours run a camshaft interference sensor?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
im going to suggest lambda sensor too, it certainly causes backfires though mine has eased and only hesitates a little every now and again, seat dealers said that they would only look at my car if it was totally reverted to standard... they have replaced it twice and still happening, ive explained that it only came about after hitting a rather large puddle at low-med speeds, i think the wiring on my s1b1 sensor is buggered. going to jack her up on saturday and have a looksie.

RobLeon20V

Oct 5, 2004
Cornwall
hmmm apparently one of my lambda sensors was hanging out...
Not sure if mine has a camshaft interferance sensor - why!?
Leads oooooh didnt think of that ill ask the garage

I did think it might be something with the fuel filter as under load it does it...

Also yes if the lambda was hanging out perhaps the wiring was buggered?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members