Bigging up the MK2

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I know most of us come on here regarding problems with our beloved cars, so for once i'm not going to do that. I was sat in it coming home last night and I realised over the whole of the last 6 months of shite weather and freezing mornings not once has it refused to open or start and neither has it left me stranded at the side of the road. All its needed is one CV boot! Also checking my mileage after i'd filled up I realised it had done a whopping 415 miles on 10 gallons of juice. Thats 41.5mpg!!

So today i've machine polished and waxoyled it to say thank you.

One mighty MK2!!!

:D

DSCN0411.jpg

Frootboots

May 26, 2008
Lol, i love my mk2 so much! Ive had it for nearly 3 years now.. i used it everyday to cover 45 miles. plus alot of lesuire driving.. not once broke down on me.. with 122k on the clock.. theres no problems insight.. i have replace alot of parts that were due to break. oh and last year i got caught in floods i had to drive thru water that was 5 inchs of the window line. had to stop. and reverse out car conked out but got it started again, this is all in submerged water.. and after about 15 mins driving thru rivers i got out.. car is fine no problems! Love it

Frootboots

May 26, 2008
hahaha Never thought of it like that.. well at least if i did get stuck in the river.. i could climb out the sunroof :D

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
That is good mate. When they are all working correctly they are just great.

I got mine serviced last Tuesday and it is working so great. It drives like a new car. Im so happy with it. And I think I have solved my temperature issue.

vngtx

howcome your getting 41mpg? i can barely get over 30 at the moment :(

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
So today i've machine polished and waxoyled it to say thank you.

One mighty MK2!!!

:D

DSCN0411.jpg

you've jinxed it.....

I thought the same a few weeks back. My parents came over from South Africa, did loads of driving all over London and Wales. No matter how bad the weather the cupra didn't let me down once.

Literally the day after i thought that, she cut out on me :( Since then i have have broken down on 3 motorways and used up all bar one of my RAC callouts :shrug:

vngtx

im expecting mine to break down every day but it hasnt yet........reverse jinx?

leon540

my average is 33.2mpg but today and yesterday i got 40mpg outta her. Also 165miles and still above halfway on the petrol guage.

vngtx

i know whats making mine so low, its getting out of potholes that does it!! takes about half a litre of petrol just to get out of one!

vngtx

nope all unleaded. didnt do owt, still seems the same performance as before. might aswell put decat back on.

vngtx

you've got that old lady to thank for keeping it in such good condition :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.