Bike carbs

Novataken

8v on Bike carbs ;)
Jul 30, 2008
Scunthorpe
Ayup, Ive got a 1.4s ibiza on a t plate and i want to know if its possible to put bike carbs on it. yes i know i should just buy a gti but i want to be different plus i cant afford insurance on a 2.0.

Any help would be nice thanks

Novataken

8v on Bike carbs ;)
Jul 30, 2008
Scunthorpe
Yeah been looking on club polo and there seems to be a few people on there thats done it for under £350.

Just need to find a decent set of carbs on the bay or motorcylce breakers

Pie in the sky?

Novataken

8v on Bike carbs ;)
Jul 30, 2008
Scunthorpe
it has T1r's on the front and eagle f1's on the rear atm and seems to be holding out ok with the coilie's.

was thinking about struts front and rear but are the OMP ones the only ones available? there the only ones i can find but i dont think i like the way they look

SKOT

Insurance ent that bad on a 16v either if you look into it there only group 10

Greasemonkey

Apr 27, 2008
Hull
I aren't being funny but going back onto the days of vauxhall nova's and early corsa's with a bit of fettling you could make a low cc engine be pretty quick for what it was. I say go for it, its different and will sound bloody fantastic with bike carbs. Theres a guy near me (east yorkshire) called Dave Bogg,he can make inlets for bike carbs and set the engines up on his rolling road. My advice is, if your serious about squeezing some more power from your lump is to not just go the carb route, get a high lift cam fitted so you'll feel more of a gain when you put your foot down. Going the two litre option is in the long run cheaper because its already producing reasonable power but if insurance is an issue then tune what you've got i say :D

Paul

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.