*Black 08 FR TDI.*

Murhroid

Jul 25, 2011
North Yorkshire
Hi guys, now I've finally reached 15 posts I can upload some pictures and start a thread.

Bought my Seat on Friday 200 mile round trip :( but well worth it.
After driving a Ford Fiesta for 1 year (1.4 16v 1998) haha this has alot more power than I was used to but Im loving it. Very impressed with the car allround.

All ready purchased:

Bonnet Bra
Wind deflectors
Stubby aerial
Few JDM stickers :p

Jus waiting on delivery.

Heres some pictures.

SAM_0256.jpg

SAM_0258.jpg

SAM_0257.jpg

SAM_0255.jpg

SAM_0253.jpg

media.jpg

Future Plans

Bigger brakes
Remap
Slightly Lowered
Cupra front bumper (Watching one on ebay )
Cruise Control fitting

Just bought a Ripspeed Dvd Headunit, will upload some pictures when ive fitted it.

Let me Know what you think :)

Phil

Murhroid

Jul 25, 2011
North Yorkshire
Looks well nice mate, but I will retract that statement if you put that fooking bonnet bra on!!!!!

Haha the only time ill be putting the bonnet bra on is when Ill be driving to scotland, Portsmouth and Plymouth next year when im in the Forces.

Its only a 130bhp. would like it mapping in time but alot of people have recommended upgrading the front brakes first. Just purchased some carbon wrap ebay for the interior. Smalll bits.

Wanting the heat vent surrounds in chrome but cant find any anywhere unless people are wrapping them aswell.

Phil

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Looks good. You can buy the chrome vent surrounds on here from Dave @ Sere Motors for around £15.

Murhroid

Jul 25, 2011
North Yorkshire
Whats his username on here mate? I spent 3 hours cleaning here today. seems the paint has faded around the door handles is pissing me off because its so obvious.

Kgroot.nl

Jan 16, 2011
Well I'm too :lol:
there are 3 stone chips on the bonnet of my FR.
Thinkin' of respraying it right now :p

Murhroid

Jul 25, 2011
North Yorkshire
I just know that more will apear in time to come, purchased a bonnet bra for the long drives. Getting my mirrors vinyl wrapped black on Friday. My cup holder is sticking which is pi88ing me off! Just trying to find a thread on how to the surroundings so i can lube it up :p

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Whats his username on here mate? I spent 3 hours cleaning here today. seems the paint has faded around the door handles is pissing me off because its so obvious.

Sere Motors have their own section on the forums home page. Just stard a thread in his section to get prices for stuff. He's usually the cheapest and p+p is usually free on the small items.

Few stone chips on the bonnet. Need to get it resprayed at some point, Im a perfectionist and need everything properly :)

Me too, sometimes i think it can be a bad thing! There is a kit you can get called Chipex, the sponsor this forum so you can get a discount. Basically they supply you with all the stuff to paint over the stone chip and remove the excess paint around the chip. I used it on my old car and it was good. New one is'nt too bad tbh.

I just know that more will apear in time to come, purchased a bonnet bra for the long drives. Getting my mirrors vinyl wrapped black on Friday. My cup holder is sticking which is pi88ing me off! Just trying to find a thread on how to the surroundings so i can lube it up :p

Here is my guide on removing the centre plastic surround.

firstly you have to remove the cubby hole which is done by putting your fingers in the holes on the underside and pulling towards the boot. Then remove the radio (can use a cut up credit card to insert into the slots at each edge to release the radio - make sure you have the radio code). Once that is done, there are 4 screws at the vertical edges - remove these. Then remove the screw on the underside of the drinks holder, airbag light, demister switch and hazard switch (all one unit). Next remove the bottom panel (under climate) by putting your fingers in the locating holes and pull (should come off quite easily). There are a further two screws under the climate unit that need removed. Once this is done pull the fascia out at the top and you will see that there are two screws at each side of the drinks unit that need removed. Then you have to remove the two screws which secure the climate control to the fascia. Quite a faff tbh.

ALEXZ360

Looks nice mate, and being in the forces you will be driving around ALOT (I should know), this is probably going to be my purchase next year when I get back from afghan, I need the fuel economy :p
As for black mirrors, if your vinyl doesn't go right toy can buy gloss black ones from Sere motors for around £20

Murhroid

Jul 25, 2011
North Yorkshire
Cheers for that RF860. Ill have a bash at it today when I get up (Night shift) :(. Ill make a video and pictures to go along with what I do. Seen that chipex. Shall have to purchase some. Come pay day, im having the wheels sprayed Black or anthracite :) 200 pound all round. Then when more money comes my way. Mapped at RS tuning in leeds with bigger brakes and lowered, not sure whether to go for springs or coilovers? Only lowering 25-30mm

Phil

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Cheers for that RF860. Ill have a bash at it today when I get up (Night shift) :(. Ill make a video and pictures to go along with what I do. Seen that chipex. Shall have to purchase some. Come pay day, im having the wheels sprayed Black or anthracite :) 200 pound all round. Then when more money comes my way. Mapped at RS tuning in leeds with bigger brakes and lowered, not sure whether to go for springs or coilovers? Only lowering 25-30mm

Phil

black wheels = overdone. Half the corsa sxi's on the road now have black wheels!

As for suspension, if your only dropping 25-30mm, i'd go for a spring and shock set up. A good quality one can sort out the terrible ride that comes standard on the fr. The perfect stance on the ibiza is 30mm on the front and 50mm on the back imo, but you would need to buy two sets of springs for that if going down the springs route. Coilovers are'nt the comfiest for road use is what i've heard.

Remap is always fun ;)

Murhroid

Jul 25, 2011
North Yorkshire
Gave it a really good clean yesterday with some new cleaning products I got from the VW Festival :) Then I drove all the way to creamfields and now its muddy. Grrrrr.

Will take some more pictures once I give it another clean.
Also Carbon wrapped my badge and the surrounding area. Not sure whether to do my mirrors aswell.

What do you all think ?

Can you tell what it is yet (Rolf Harris).

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.