Black Badges....

Brighton Femme

Feb 22, 2005
Brighton, Uk
I was thinking.. I might spray my seat badges black, like what alot of black dubbers do... What you reckcon??

Do anywhere sell black ones?? I'm sure there look much better then sprayed!!! Anyone already done this mod? I did do a search but nowt found!!

Thanks

sara

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Brighton Femme said:
I might spray my seat badges black, like what alot of black dubbers do...

I reckon white guys do it too.

But I would say you'd have to paint them, but bcause the surface is smooth - it'll probably look arse when it flakes off

Brighton Femme

Feb 22, 2005
Brighton, Uk
I mean black cars! not people! :p Phrased wrong sorry!

I wonder if I could get some made up? I know a plastics place... I might have to pop in.. even if it was just a cover.. if it looks poo I could take them off again!

StuRox

Yup, guilty as charged.

I did my front badge silk black.

To save a lot of messing around with the badge, I just covered my car in a dust sheet, and cut out a hole for the badge and sprayed it on the car.

You just have to wet and dry the badge first, then use grey plastic primer, and then the black to get the best finish.

I used silk black, as thought it went best with the rest of the black trim, but I suppose you can use whatever type of paint you fancy.

Here is a pic of the finished job:

5-picture3.gif

Last edited:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Well It looked easy and was something I had wanted to do for a while so I'm givig it a go (starting tonight).....decided on a slightly different approach by taking the badge off

Dismantle two pieces above then the centre grill pops out
img.php

Then pulls apart is you are carefull
img.php

Homemade spray booth :cartman: following wet and dry to key area
img.php

Spary primer first coat on
img.php

Will keep you posted how it goes

album link if piccy's no work
http://www.pixum.co.uk/viewalbum/?id=1910037

Last edited: