Black/Dark wheels on a blue car

Arnolfini

Muppet
Nov 23, 2006
The Gates of Hell (Croydon)
Hi all

After reading another recent thread on here I stumbled across what I consider to be some of the best looking alloys I've ever seen:

TSW Catalunya
tsw_catalunya_hyperblack.jpg

I have always loved the original LCR wheels, and IMO these look very similar, but are also just different enough to get a second look - especially with the dark chrome spokes and polished rim.

Now as you'll see from my sig, I drive an imperial blue car, and whilst I reckon the dark coloured wheels will look pretty great (I'm certainly not keen on the alternative finish these wheels come in - namely blingtastic bright chrome), I'm wondering if anyone has any pics that may reassure me!

So there's my question - anyone got any pics of a blue car with black or dark coloured alloys?

Also can anyone tell me the fitting I'd need on my 2001 LC? I want 18s (up from the 205/55 R16s that the car is on at the moment) but don't know what tyres or stud pattern I'd need to go for... all things wheel-related confuse the hell out of me :confused:

Cheers!

Last edited:

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
you'll need a 5x100 stud pattern for these wheels mate. i heard a rumour that TSW aren't making them anymore either. i've got some 17 inch catalunya's on the wife's V6 mondeo and they look good when clean (apart from the woman inflicted kerbing!) if you go for a 225/40/18 tyre you're rolling radius will be 318.6mm compared to a 250/55/16 which is 315.95mm meaning that when your speedometer is showing 70mph you'll actually be doing 70.59mph. mike ibiza cupra has some 17 inch catalunya's on his mk3 ibiza which is also imperial blue too......... i'm sure there are some pictures of it somewhere!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members