Black Fr's With BTCC Kit

Vix777

Hey Guys, i'm the proud owner of black 2008 FR, and i absolutely love the way the BTCC Kit looks. The problem is i don't think it'll do anything for the car the way it does for any of the other coloured Leons in the range :whistle: ( Especially the candy white and Red leons ). I haven't seen a black one with the kit recently, so could anyone with pics of a black leon with the BTCC Kit please post some pics on this thread to help convince me??? Thanx :D

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
I dont have any pics but I totally know what you mean, the BTCC kit looks pretty much amazing in every other colour but black because it just doesn't stand out at all in the black leon.

Sorry that won't convince you at all though lol.

Clarke

Taipan

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Hey Guys, i'm the proud owner of black 2008 FR, and i absolutely love the way the BTCC Kit looks. The problem is i don't think it'll do anything for the car the way it does for any of the other coloured Leons in the range :whistle: ( Especially the candy white and Red leons ). I haven't seen a black one with the kit recently, so could anyone with pics of a black leon with the BTCC Kit please post some pics on this thread to help convince me??? Thanx :D

I saw one today in the petrol station. I didnt even notice it had the kit on for a while and I was standing right in front of it!!

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
When I was looking for mine, I wanted black...but, having not been able to find one I am glad because, as people have said, its far too subtle to the point of not being noticeable at all.

Some people have painted the vents a different colour...could be an option?

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Here you go... gota say its a head turner and everyone loves it.. Just a few lil mods makes a big diffrence.. I have too say you can see the kit on my car and its mean looking , Wheels too be done anthrice for that stealth look =] Mods are , k1 grill,Square plate, Seat sport door sills,window tints ,and little things like tax disc ,SCN stickers,etc.. debadged since the pics taken.. :)
IphonePictures2455-1.jpg

IphonePictures2282-1.jpg
IphonePictures2504.jpg
IphonePictures2125.jpg
IphonePictures2609-1.jpg

If you want pics from any other angle feal free too tell me :)

Last edited:

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
hi mate im looking for a square number plate, but im just wondering did you cover the old screw holes with anything or just leave them are they noticable? Also were did you get it from?

Last edited:

bizzaboy

Interesting to come across this Thread as just today I saw a (first) Black Leon with the BTCC Kit.
Definately had alot of road presence, looked super stealthy also with the windows tinted.

I will still say however that the Kit might be better shown off on say a Red, Silver or White Leon!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
k1.jpg

Whats with the square number plates?!

bugs.jpg

641.jpg

They look like a set of buck teeth :lol:

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
k1.jpg

Whats with the square number plates?!

bugs.jpg

641.jpg

They look like a set of buck teeth :lol:

Ea too there own ey mate.. , Mine's mainly too show more of the grill off tbh..And since when was buggs bunny black? o.o

As for fitting , I just put my old plate over the new one , Used a pencil too mark the holes, Drill them through, line up... screw in.. My screw holes in my old plate made my square sit wrong though, so i had too just line it up and screwdriver it in by hand in the right spot.. fairly easy tbh alot easier with help from a freind :)

wjohnson

Dec 17, 2008
I've got a black FR and I've gotta say I think in Black I prefer the normal FR kit. The BTCC black plastic inserts just don't show up on black and it in fact looks kinda like the standard leon front and back bumpers :think:. This is just my opinion of course but I think I'm gonna get just the skirts and the rear spoiler from the BTCC kit added and leave it at that :D

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
I've got a black FR and I've gotta say I think in Black I prefer the normal FR kit. The BTCC black plastic inserts just don't show up on black and it in fact looks kinda like the standard leon front and back bumpers :think:. This is just my opinion of course but I think I'm gonna get just the skirts and the rear spoiler from the BTCC kit added and leave it at that :D

Mabey get you're eyes tested too :p , I think its easy too see the kit.. Looking nothing like standard , Parked next too a black fr yesterday and my car looked so mutch more mean, But suppose its up too you what you like :) Could always paint the inserts like has been said...
I've always wanted too paint mine candy white, With candy white wheels and calipers.. But i dont have the balls too do it =]

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
Mabey get you're eyes tested too :p , I think its easy too see the kit.. Looking nothing like standard , Parked next too a black fr yesterday and my car looked so mutch more mean, But suppose its up too you what you like :) Could always paint the inserts like has been said...
I've always wanted too paint mine candy white, With candy white wheels and calipers.. But i dont have the balls too do it =]

why not try like a darkish grey just to make them stand out a little

wjohnson

Dec 17, 2008
Oh don't get me wrong i love the aero kit (On every colour apart from black and grey). But the inserts are just lost so much on black. And if people are thinking of painting them white and grey surely that shows they don't stand out enough? I dunno maybe it's just me heh.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
I would like to get the Aero kit for my black Fr but agree that it isnt really that noticable on a black one. If i am going to fit one then will be spaying the grills a gunmetal grey colour a bit lighter than the mk1 LCR grills are. If any one fancies trying it first so i can see what it looks like then crack on lol ;)

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
I think i seen a black leon with the BTCC in Aberdeen and it looked quite smart.

Mind you, it had confusing badges on the back...

It said "C U P R A" but there was also the "FR" logo in the FR logos usual place!

So, was it a cupra with an FR badge added, or an FR with a "leon" replaced by cupra? No idea. Unless there is an FR Cupra model?

Stuart

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.