Black Leon Cupra R Detail: The Leon Correctional Facility!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers guys!

Yea dabossman was pretty please. He sold the car already! The new owner said its the best Leon he had seen paintwork wise. :D

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Cheers guys!

Yea dabossman was pretty please. He sold the car already! The new owner said its the best Leon he had seen paintwork wise. :D
Just goes to show, sometimes you've got to spend money to make money!

I like to look at this thread every so often (now I'm aware of it :D) to get an idea of what my LCR might look like next spring. Hopefully I'll have all of the other niggling little bits sorted by then. I'm regretting the fact that I don't have a garage mind you:cry:

Stevie_W

Hi guys, I bought this car off dabossman. Car looked stunning when I went to see it, and I saw this thread on here before I decided to buy the car. Car is still looking good, just using basic washing methods at the minute (weekly), plus polish and wax alternate weeks.
I havent clayed it yet, and might have to get you to do another job on it maz early next year ready for show season just to try and get it as perfect as possible, would also appreciate any comments you have on how good you could get the paint without the need for any re-spraying.
Stevie

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hi guys, I bought this car off dabossman. Car looked stunning when I went to see it, and I saw this thread on here before I decided to buy the car. Car is still looking good, just using basic washing methods at the minute (weekly), plus polish and wax alternate weeks.
I havent clayed it yet, and might have to get you to do another job on it maz early next year ready for show season just to try and get it as perfect as possible, would also appreciate any comments you have on how good you could get the paint without the need for any re-spraying.
Stevie
Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting in contact and thanks for the kind words.

To keep the car in the condition you bought it you will have to use the two buckets and the least invasive washing method. The car should not need polishing at all as the polishes and sealants I used should last a good 6 months for sure. I do recommend waxing the car every couple of months just to give it the edge. The car should not need claying again until its next big clean unless you do lots of motorway miles, live on muddy country lanes etc..etc..Keep in mind that the more you touch the car you are potentially putting swirls/marring in the paint so you have to be very careful every time you clean it and use correct methods.

Time is always a constraint so with more work I am sure the finish could be made even better. I remember whilst detailing the car some of the scratches could have used more work but time was against me. Let me know how you get on with her and give me a PM when you need advise.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Stevie_W

Cheers Maz, will definately be in touch about it in trhe spring i would imagine. Car is going well, went straight through its MOT, and has since been remapped, BMC CDA and a milltek cat back.
Anyone know why I cant use the PM system though?
Steve

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers Maz, will definately be in touch about it in trhe spring i would imagine. Car is going well, went straight through its MOT, and has since been remapped, BMC CDA and a milltek cat back.
Anyone know why I cant use the PM system though?
Steve
Just give me a PM when your ready mate. You should be able to PM when you posted more.

Great turnaround
I miss having a black car when cleaning... results are so much more worthwhile imo
Yea very rewarding cars to clean.

R4MSN_86CUPRA R

Jan 31, 2008
Glasgow
WOW:drool: that car looks mint. i need something done like that. my cars not as bad as that but would love to get that done. can anybody recomened sum1 in glasgow?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
WOW:drool: that car looks mint. i need something done like that. my cars not as bad as that but would love to get that done. can anybody recomened sum1 in glasgow?
Only one place in Scotland I would go to, Polished Bliss. They are not cheap but in my opinion they are the best in the country and probably one of the best in the world.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Just looked at this thread,
Holy moley, what a transformation!!
Outstanding work guys. Seriously impressed.
Does platinum grey come up anywhere near as good? Paint is not too bad, but if you could produce a finish anything like that I'd be well chuffed.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.