Black weekend toy

ranger dabomb

Bought my first lcr last month and the last owner had put on a fmic , forge dv , powerflow back box and a carbon airbox so to add my own mods i started with some samco hose's then a sports cat but runing low on money made my own.
SP_A0417-1.jpg

Here's one i made earler today , got the bits off good old ebay and a local shop.

Hi-flow sports cat 100cell = £90 ( ebay )
1 meter 2mm x 2.5" and 1 meter 2mm x 2.25" stainless tubing = free ( scrap bin at cybox exhaust's )
3 flange's and lamba boss = £10 ( cybox exhaust's )

Took off the old cat on my lcr 210 and started cutting up the 2.25" tubing with the good old angle grinder to match the twin inlet then welded them together. Then cut 1" of the 2.50" tubing to go onto the twin joint once welded on i welded the sport's cat on then drilled a hole for the lamba boss in a bit of the 2.50" tubing and welded the boss in place. The pain was getting the flange's in the right place but it worked out ok in the end , once the front flanges were done bolted it onto the car and worked out how long the last bit of 2.50" tubing had to be before welding into place .

All in all it cost me £100 and 3hours graft but i think it worked out ok in the end and saved me some money to send on other mods ie a revo stage 2.

SP_A0416.jpg

more mods to come and will see what else i can make to save some penny's ;)

BKR

TorqueDefinesIntelligence
Jul 15, 2008
Grimsby
sweet ride mate cant wait to see what else you come up with on it

was the last owner on here?

ranger dabomb

Yes crazyshad1 sold it to me as he was buying a house.

Next diy mod i think will be a water mist spray onto the fmic to cool it

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Exhaust looks good bud, car looks very aggressive with the wide mouth grill, i like

You have a good starting place with that motor

turbo4ni

I so want an FMIC now. Free up some much needed power. Looks good.

ranger dabomb

Off to votex sat for a revo stage 2 remap , lets see what it makes :think:

ranger dabomb

Its an ebay special 600mm x 300mm x 76mm with 3'' Inlet And Outlet then stepping down to 2.5". It looks bigger because the number plate support has been cut off to give it an aggressive look.

bertrum

Good work with the sports cat! Wish I could weld lol That FMIC is huge! Think you might need more than a "mist spray" to cool it... hose pipe maybe :lol:

ranger dabomb

Will take a pic of the front bumper when i get 5min's tomoz. Intercooler could do with a coat of silver spray but dont no what to write on it ? CUPRA R or just a red R :think:

Last edited by a moderator:

ranger dabomb

Just a few pic's of the front bumper , de-badged the back today never took any pic's but it looks loads better !

SP_A0419.jpg

SP_A0418-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ranger dabomb

Got to get some black mesh to try and cover the intercooler pipes if not will powder coat them black. Dont do halford tat as i make my own kit or have mates to make it for me, carbon parts are my hobbie to make :D

ranger dabomb

Gave the lcr a present today in the form of a revo stage 2 remap from votex mike there was dead helpfull and would recomend anybody to go there. Lcr pull's so much better its like having a new car so just need to send it to a rolling road to see how it stack's up :D

ranger dabomb

Sorry bud it dont have one :( the last owner left it off instead of triming it to make it fit, so if i have a bump i have to use jedi powers and put faith in the force.