Blow Off Valve

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
Currently on my Cupra I have the Forge 007p Fitted, But I wanted something that would make a bit of noise, and still be good for the car, I had a baileys one on it when i bought the car, but that was rubbish, Ive been told i may need a blow off valve for noise? not sure though. any Suggestions?? [B)]

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
Search, the only valve you really could fit would be a split r, because you need the circulating aspect of a recirculating valve rather than an atmospheric dump valve, because otherwise you'll end up screwing up the fueling or some shiznit. Theres a fair bit about this in various places all VAG 1.8T engines need a recirculating valve. Do you have an induction kit fitted? I noticed my dv a lot more after fitting an aftermarket kit.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Ah the good old Whooshy dump valve thread, never cease to make me smile.

Have you still got the OEM airbox? take it out fit a large cotton cotton filter instead, result = induction noise, turbo spool noise and DV echo

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
Ah the good old Whooshy dump valve thread, never cease to make me smile.

Have you still got the OEM airbox? take it out fit a large cotton cotton filter instead, result = induction noise, turbo spool noise and DV echo

yeah ive got a filter on it, but the forge is making a little squeaking noise, n the way my car looks it just sounds emberassing, is that split r a forge yeah?

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
yeah ive got a filter on it, but the forge is making a little squeaking noise, n the way my car looks it just sounds emberassing, is that split r a forge yeah?

I'd guess you have a filter but do you mean a replacement panel filter or what I was talking about

DIAMOND_sm.jpg

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
dont bother with the noise aspect get something that actually makes a difference like rear ARB or strut braces.
Audi S3 brace 58 odd quid from dealer and if you know how to use a drill you can fit it yourself for free:D

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Put a SPLT R on mate,

Doesn't make loads on noise on mine (sounds like my cat sneezing) But come the new year hopefully the remap and induction kit will change that.

Oh, and it's been on for 3 - 4 months now and no problems.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise