Blue flame + 100cell cat

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
yeah mate its cheap, price up the miltek full system and remember that the blue flame is alot better and for that price its a bargain

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
how is it 'alot better'
how can u justify this exactly?

i dont believe u can tbh
especially when blueflame are actually a custom exhaust manufacturer compared to milltek who spend alot on R&D on all of their applications

Last edited:

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
yeah I would say that ive heard many good things about blueflame but ive also heard some bad things too, miltek actually test the power outputs of their cars and work their exhausts around this to improve upon them.

Im guessing you've seen blueflame advertising the systems on ebay, have you factored into the price the cost of fitting as turbo back wont be cheap, i'd say your looking at around £100 on top

LeeroyBrown

Rite on!!!
May 7, 2005
Cornwall
yeh i saw it on ebay.. doesnt matter bout the cost of fitting it as mate has a garage and can do it.. So its a good deal on the bay ???

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Miltek system on mine expired in 18months. blew the guts out of the rear box.
Jetex system which replaced it was fine 2 years after owning it.

Now running BF and no issues what so ever.

Of the 3 Miltek rate lowest of my own preference and personal experience.
They all fitted well tho.

you could do a lot worse and go "P*werfl*w"

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
everyone who has replyed to this post apart from keithrann have miltek fitted on there cars and i know alot of people have had problems with there miltek fitting right on ibizas and i know the blue flame fits perfect its cheaper then miltek with a 3"dp and 2.75" cat bk its wider then the miltek

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cu51pra said:
everyone who has replyed to this post apart from keithrann have miltek fitted on there cars and i know alot of people have had problems with there miltek fitting right on ibizas and i know the blue flame fits perfect its cheaper then miltek with a 3"dp and 2.75" cat bk its wider then the miltek

to be fair my miltek fitted fine. as did the Jetex and as does the 3" BF one now.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cu51pra said:
and im sure that blue flame make oem zorsts for tvr which can't be bad

yea, but its kinda funny when TVR as a car has such a bad reliability rep tho... does'nt actually count for much. (apart from the exhaust is probably the most reliable thing on there LOL )

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
with TVR realibility records? lol :)

im more than happy with my miltek, Bill you were running IHI though at the time and may of just been unlucky with the build quality of one exhaust?

Do a serach and you'll find plenty of bad info about blueflame too though, one particular leon cupra R owner, cant remember his name but his car was yellow if that helps actually paid £700-800 for another exhaust as he was so shocked at their customer service/quality of their product

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
davidol said:
with TVR realibility records? lol :)

im more than happy with my miltek, Bill you were running IHI though at the time and may of just been unlucky with the build quality of one exhaust?

Do a serach and you'll find plenty of bad info about blueflame too though, one particular leon cupra R owner, cant remember his name but his car was yellow if that helps actually paid £700-800 for another exhaust as he was so shocked at their customer service/quality of their product

TVR realibility has got alot better now there not english and dont use old rover engines:D

that is scotty b and hes got another blue flame on his lcr now it was more to do with the company that sold it to him but a very long story

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
cu51pra said:

is there anyone whos car is slammed on coilovers with a blueflame system? bcos this is the only problem with the milltek..stock ride height and there should be no problem at all

cost reflects the badge, with bill the exception iv never heard a bad comment about the quality of milltek, oh...except that it isnt loud enough.....these ppl should have bought a peco too begin with :whistle:

and as for pipe diameter...bigger isnt always better, not that a 0.25mm difference could really be noticed

aint knocking blueflame, but at the end of the day they are in the same league as powerflow an longlife

end of the day the price is decent

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
there in no way in the same league as powerflow they have made racing bile zorsts for years and tvr and as there is only one factory that make bf zorsts where as all the powerflow dealers are fanchives andthey buy the name

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members