blue flame downpipe

strapper

Jul 16, 2006
ayrshire
was in at star performance yesterday enquiring about a remap. i told jim at star I was going to get a downpipe and sports cat before I get the map done and he agreed that this would make it better.
I told him I was going to get a blueflame downpipe and cat which I believe is a 100 cell cat? He advised me that because of it being less restrictive than the milltek equivlent it may bring a light up on the dash, has anyone with this on there car running the blueflame downpipe?;)

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
i have one and no lights at all. also just passed the mot with it a few weeks ago

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
guys, this makes me wonder, of your going to get a re-map or K03s and a re-map, is it more beneficial to get a de-cat then or a sports cat? is the sports cat going to restrict it?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
He's right, sometimes with an LCR with a 100 cell and a re-map you'll get the light, and on the Ibiza you may get a fault code but no light. It's nothing major just telling you that the cat's flowing more than it should standard.

However you can gap the rear sender and this will stop these issues.

May 2, 2006
He said you will get a fault even with the milltek.

:yes: regarding the miltek iv got one, no light, no fault, mot pass :D

regarding the blueflame, listen to what their saying ................ these are guys who have them, it shouldnt throw a light, maybe a code but its nothing to worry about mate, peace brother :D

Last edited:

Steve Cupra

guys, this makes me wonder, of your going to get a re-map or K03s and a re-map, is it more beneficial to get a de-cat then or a sports cat? is the sports cat going to restrict it?
Well due to the lamba sensors you would throw up fault codes. I wouldn't mind a decat though as i think sports cats are a waste of time. really expensive and still restrictive????

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
so putting a de-cat on a cupra is going to throw up fault codes? doesnt a 100 cell race cat restrict the car a bit if it's running a K03s?

Cupra_Wayne

263.6bhp / 285lbft.....
Oct 11, 2004
Herts
I'm happy enough with my 100cel sport cat. MOT man likes it as well. F*ck that changing the cat lark for MOT. Just get a decent sports cat and not worry about it.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
but if your going to run a K03s won't a sports cat be more restrictive than a de-cat? will you see more power with a de-cat?

Cupra_Wayne

263.6bhp / 285lbft.....
Oct 11, 2004
Herts
Well I got 243bhp on ko3s with a sports cat. I'm pretty happy with that! Don't know if you'll see more power with a decat. If so it'll be tiny I reckon.

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
decat's used to give big power gains a few years back but cat's today are far less restrictive and sports cats are even less restrictive than a standard one I don't think you will see much gains over a sports cat may be 1-2 bhp at the most

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
Well I got 243bhp on ko3s with a sports cat. I'm pretty happy with that! Don't know if you'll see more power with a decat. If so it'll be tiny I reckon.

but 250bhp is obtainable on a K03s with a decent exhaust and custom map isn't it?

Cupra_Wayne

263.6bhp / 285lbft.....
Oct 11, 2004
Herts
but 250bhp is obtainable on a K03s with a decent exhaust and custom map isn't it?
You'll be very lucky to get 250bhp on a k03s. I've got Blueflame turbo back (with 3" DP) and custom Jabba map. If you're looking for a 'real' 250bhp I'd look for a bigger turbo.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.