blue smoke coming out of my 07 170 leon

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
@benatko84 i aint had the time or funds to get mine looked at but i have been told its could be due to a leaky injector.

also when i have the heater on and am at stand still i get really bad fumes smell in the car???

lambertcar

Oct 29, 2016
Hi. Got the same problem. Replaced all injectors, glow plugs, EGR valve, inlet manifold, Dual mass and clutch, fuel filter. Now broke and it still smokes and stinks on Tickover, makes your eyes sting slightly. Gonna try dpf next I think. Anyone sorted their cars with this problem?

Oct 13, 2019
Hi I have the same problem but somtimes wile driving car has no power as if it is in limp mode and boots out loads of black smoke till I stop and let it idle for a wile then goes back to normal it’s doing my head in

garybuttle

Oct 27, 2011
Blue smoke is oil burning so probably valve guides or rings/ bores. Diesel smoke is black if overfuelling,white and very smelly if unburnt.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2019
Blue smoke is oil burning so probably valve guides or rings/ bores. Diesel smoke is black if overfuelling,white and very smelly if unburnt.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
Yeah but it’s normal 90% of the time then out of the blue it just happens randomly no warning lights or anything

Oct 13, 2019
Does a
Yeah but it’s normal 90% of the time then out of the blue it just happens randomly no warning lights or anything[/QU

Does anybody else’s car randomly have no power and and bail out loads of black smoke then go back to normal?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
If this is anything like mine then the idle is a bit lumpy, its a thing they do. I looked into it and found that its the way the engine is, its not a problem. Also sometimes on start up I get a small puff of smoke, its never lingers though.

Oct 13, 2019
Il try getting it scanned need to do something cos it’s a pain in the arse took me ages to get out my street this morning just no power was crawling and the smoke that was out the back then it went normal again and ran fine dreading tonight driving home from work

Oct 13, 2019
When I rev car it goes to 2k revs then juders up the revs not smooth and black smoke bails out the back I disconnect the waste gate hose and it revs smooth as should and no smoke could it be the turbo vains stuck

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Turbo vanes usually show up as a delay coming on boost and/or warning lights coming up for boost control issues.

You could vac test the actuator with a little vac pump, see if the diaphragm is split.
Also check over all the vac pipes on the actuator and N75, if there's any split or damaged that can cause problems too.

usmaan123

Oct 24, 2016
I'm having a similar problem, had massive puff of blue smoke out the back (couldn't see the car behind ) when slowing towards a roundabout.
ive had it scanned for fault codes and it came up with p2196, which is the o2 sensor, ive replaced this yesterday with an oil change (6 litres came out which im not sure how as about 4.5 litres was put in last time). Today ive noticed a small amount of blue smoke again so that hasn't fixed the problem. Car is a 2011 fr 2.0 cr tdi.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Excess oil in the sump can be a leaking fuel injector or the result of multiple failed DPF regens.

Do you get any smoke on start up in the morning?