Blueflame 100 cell cat

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Just been on the phone to Blueflame to get a quote for a DP and cat for my Cupra and when I asked if they still sold the 100 cell cats I was told he could make one up with this if I requested it.

I'm sure I read a thread a while back about some people having issues with engine lights and MOT emission failures with these so just wondering what people's advice would be?

Would you realistically notice any difference between the two versions?

So my question is; stick for the 200 or go for the 100 cell version?

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
i always though it was the leons that had some problems with the 100cel

I personally haven't heard of any issues on the ibiza's...but I suppose there must have been some complains for them to stop producing them.

My bf 100 cell was one of the first ones made and I've not had any problems over the last few years.

I'd say go for the 100 cell ;)

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
i swear blueflame make stuff up, i rang them a couple of days ago to get a price for a cat, and they told me there all 100cell cats, and that i could request a 200cell one if requried.

Think i'm gna go with the 200cell cat as i have heard of a couple of instances of people failing MOT's with the 100cell cats on an ibiza, infact my last car had a sports cat and struggled to get through emissions tests.

Last edited:

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
They told me on the phone recently that they could make me one up, but when i was actually passed to someone to make payment etc they told me that i had been informed wrongly and 100cell was no longer available as they don't buy in the 100cell cat elements anymore. That said, i'm well happy with my 200cell. (no lights and also just sailed through MOT)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
fookin ell, thats a lot of dosh, you can have a remap for that lol

Does it make that much of a difference to performance???

It bloody should do at that price tho lol

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Just been on the phone to Blueflame to get a quote for a DP and cat for my Cupra and when I asked if they still sold the 100 cell cats I was told he could make one up with this if I requested it.

I'm sure I read a thread a while back about some people having issues with engine lights and MOT emission failures with these so just wondering what people's advice would be?

Would you realistically notice any difference between the two versions?

So my question is; stick for the 200 or go for the 100 cell version?

All you have to do is go for a nice blast before then make the garage do the emission test first.

It's a sports CAT it only works when it's nice and hot then you will fly through the emissions test.

As I found out

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146915&highlight=MOT

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Seems like everyone's being told a different story every time they ring up. I'll try and get a definitive answer from Nigel in the New Year.

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Seems like everyone's being told a different story every time they ring up. I'll try and get a definitive answer from Nigel in the New Year.

Nigel told me yes to 100cell, but when i was actually passed to sales/production i was told no.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.