blueflame exhaust system any good?

B4KRX

Thinking about getting a catback blueflame exhaust system on my mk3 cupra are then any good? How loud are they i dont want it to loud and chavie!!! saw one on ebay for £325 is that a good price?

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I payed £525 delievered but that was with a 3" dp and race cat. Tbh if you have never had an exhaust fitted to your car the you will think its loud. I did when i first had mine fitted, it doesnt bother me now though.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I got mine direct from blueflame. Payed the same as im gauci 525 for the system including 3' 200cell sports cat. When i first got it it was soo loud and thought id made the wrong choice. But now ive had it for a month its coked up nicely and is very subtle when your just crusing at town speeds. Jump on the loud pedal and it sounds like a rally car, spits and pops alot under heavy acceleration. LOVE IT! And its got the nice big oval tail pipe thats looks the nuts on the beeza. Get one, you wont be sorry!

supercupra240

blueflame is excellent, but a bit loud. my mates got one. i was going to get one but couldnt afford it

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
I got mine direct from blueflame. Payed the same as im gauci 525 for the system including 3' 200cell sports cat. When i first got it it was soo loud and thought id made the wrong choice. But now ive had it for a month its coked up nicely and is very subtle when your just crusing at town speeds. Jump on the loud pedal and it sounds like a rally car, spits and pops alot under heavy acceleration. LOVE IT! And its got the nice big oval tail pipe thats looks the nuts on the beeza. Get one, you wont be sorry!

alright mate,
just a quick question...when you got your full system did nigel mention to you about going for there stage 2 chip?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Searchy searchy. I went up to Blueflame and had a bespoke system made with an extra diffuser (unbaffled) in the centre section to keep it sounding quiet, whilst not inhibiting power.

Sounds near standard just going along normally, with a lovely note on WOT

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Alright cupra79, yeh he did mention it to me, i got most of the parts for stage 2 but wanted to wait till i get maybe a KO3s turbo. Do they do mapping there aswell?

B4KRX

whats the web site for blueflame cos when i go on it i cant find the exhaust for a cupra

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
They dont have them on the website. Search for a few threads for blueflame and there is a good one that shows how it looks on the car and another thread on how the downpipe looks comapred to the milltek one. Just ring the number on the website and ask to speak to Nigel

B4KRX

nice one m8 cheers!! im finkin of puttin a dynatwist induction kit on aswel i heard they were good for cupra is that true?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh they are ok, bit expensive thought. Search for Jetex filter and there is a 6page thread on that. Thats what im going to be going for after xmas. Got my Ram Air on at the mo and whilst it sounds good i think its killing my maf slowly! The jetex ones are only lightly oiled so very maf friendly

B4KRX

complete systems have got to be better than just a filter i would have thought

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Alright cupra79, yeh he did mention it to me, i got most of the parts for stage 2 but wanted to wait till i get maybe a KO3s turbo. Do they do mapping there aswell?

yeh apparently when you get a full system they can stage 2 chip it and i quote 'yeh with our chip you will see 280 bhp easily, combined with the FMIC you will be seeing nearly 300????)...you know and i know this is impossible so i just went along with it.

i asked totalVAG round my way, (they do custom code, which i have) and they said a big no no...tbh i wouldnt of fooked my map up but it seemed a bit dodgy tho

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Haha load of tosh. Expected better of them to be honest. I think they should stick to just giving exhaust advice.... leave the tuning to the pros

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.