Blueflame Resonated or Non?

jacupra

For Sale 2004 LCR
Oct 24, 2007
norwich
hello all. i have ordered a blueflame cat back but the dealer wants to know if i want resonated or non resonated? what do people have fitted? any sound clips? thanks james

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
spoke to mike today mate he told me what was going on,

i think i will be going for the centre box (bullet box) as nigel seems to think it will be very loud without,

id say if you are going for down pipe and decat later then get the box, if not then without the box, i beleve the bore of the pipe is larger then others so may make a difference to sound,

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
im sure rick must have the bullet box on as nigel has to special make without it, although he says he cant see it, (but they are small) and he says the system is loud,

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
there is no box on the decat at all its completely straight. the downpipe has a little bit at the bottom which makes it a little flexible so it allows for some movement. i only remember seeing the back box on the cat back i dont think there is anything else but i can double check.

maybe the exhaust isnt as loud as im makin out but i think it is. i havent been in a another cupra to compare.

ive made a recording on my phone but when i put it on my computer its mpeg4 and my computer wont play it for some reason. can i still upload it to photobucket do you know?

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
thats cool mate, looking forward to your remap results as im running same spec

this is the cat back, does it have the box on the pic on the left, just want to clear it up for james.

cheers

Lee M

Hi Mate,

I had the one in the link (that Nev LCR posted) fitted last week. It sounds spot on, not really any extra when on the motorway, but give it some throttle and it sounds sweet :).

Mine is a turbo back system.

Cheers
Lee

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
yes i expect it'l change slightly over next couple of weeks. probably louder if anything!

checked catback and yes it does have a little box right at the front and then the back box. the decat doesnt have any box its just straight through. is this what you were expecting or what it should be?

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
get the NONE res u girl More noise the better

least the neighbors will know your home every night,

mine aint that loud really only when your open it up

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
get the NONE res u girl More noise the better

least the neighbors will know your home every night,

mine aint that loud really only when your open it up

what bore is your system john??

my thought is its only a small centre bullet box and it will be cheap enough to cut it out

BUT...if i got it without and didnt pass noise regs it would pi55 me off and cost alot to have a centre box put in.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.