Bluetooth handfree kit phone compatibility!

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
Hey guys can you leave me the phones that you use on the bluetooth kit that get you full compatibility with the handsfree kit. i made the mistake of getting the new N95 for my upgrade but as you all proberly know it wont work. im trying to find out what phones will work and the list seat provided me is nearly a year out of date.
chers guys

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
i no im using my girlfriends old motorola v3 and it works the systems great but its so hard finding a new phone these days that will work seat dont seem to care when ive spoken to them, the software is well out of date. ive heard the iphones work but i havnt confirmed it

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
i no im using my girlfriends old motorola v3 and it works the systems great but its so hard finding a new phone these days that will work seat dont seem to care when ive spoken to them, the software is well out of date. ive heard the iphones work but i havnt confirmed it

All the Sony Ericssons work on the BT and I think Samsung phones work too.
Heard that iPhones work too.
Alex

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
see now were getting somewhere at first i thought i was all new phones cause i was tld by carphone warehouse its the new bluetooth software in the phones not workin but weve got a good list going now i just read a post about the iphone ure right it does work plus u can plug it into the aux port and use it as a mp3 player at the same time which im thinkin is a brill idea. jus gotta get rid of my n95 now

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
does anyone know if the sony ericson w760i will work with the handsfree this is the only fone i think i cud downgrade too

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Anyone tried Blackberry 8100??

Yep,

You can make / receive calls, it lists your address book / matches incomming numbers to names, if you have multiple numbers per entry, then it lists the entry each time for each number meaning you may have 3 or 4 entries for the same person.

Full wheel functionality for hang up / answer.

IT DOESN'T work for listing missed calls / received calls / made calls (it downloads the data first time sync, but doesn't update it ever since first sync).

philofsurrey

Thanks mate - not got my Leon yet - 3 months wait from order :cry: but getting 2.0 TDI Stylance DSG with lux pack. My contract on mobile up for renewal in January and I've already got a BB 8100 but fancied a new Blackberry Storm. Would guess functionality will be about the same. If not I'll switch SIM's. My work phone is Motorola V3 which seems to be no problem acc to previous posts.

Tam

Feb 10, 2005
Thanks mate - not got my Leon yet - 3 months wait from order :cry: but getting 2.0 TDI Stylance DSG with lux pack. My contract on mobile up for renewal in January and I've already got a BB 8100 but fancied a new Blackberry Storm. Would guess functionality will be about the same. If not I'll switch SIM's. My work phone is Motorola V3 which seems to be no problem acc to previous posts.

As soon as the Storm is released, I'll be taking a big stick to my Vodafone account manager and asking for a few to be sent to me F.O.C to check out.. :D

Tam

Feb 10, 2005
As soon as the Storm is released, I'll be taking a big stick to my Vodafone account manager and asking for a few to be sent to me F.O.C to check out.. :D

Big stick taken to account manager ... got 4 turning up on Monday :D for "testing". :D
Will let you know if it works or not.

philofsurrey

Keep me posted! I could test one with Tomtom 500 for you if you're short of guinea pigs :)

Tam

Feb 10, 2005
How did it do Tam?

Badly ....... :(

Although that's voda's fault rather than the storms!

Voda never shipped any to us as we require the enterprise ones which aren't ready to be released yet (someone got confused between the standard ones and the enterprise ones!).

They did ship a standard one last week - which worked fine for the 5mins or so that it was connected ,...... but its sad to say - i don't actually like the storm :runaway:

I've a ipod touch which is great, but the whole, push the glass screen in to select the thing you have your finger on is just horrid on the storm .. :thumbd:

philofsurrey

BB Storm

Oh dear! Is the button thing just because we're conditioned to a non-flexible screen and it might feel better with time do you think?

What's the difference between Enterprise and a bog standard one then?

Slightly different subject (you seem like a bloke who would know...:help:) can you load POI's (and therefore speed cameras) up on the Sat Nav?

Delivery date for my Leon gone back again due to "unprecedented demand" - I thought cars were'nt selling![:@]

Thanks
Phil

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.