Bluetooth Head Unit or Parrot Kit?

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I need to get something sorted for the Ibiza as Sue's journey has gone from 7 miles each way to 35.

I've always had parrot kits but was wondering whether a Bluetooth Head Unit may be a better bet now? The way I see it is a BT HU is just a matter of taking out the Aura unit and replacing with the new one plus an adapter for the steering wheel controls, whereas with the parrot I've got to find somewhere to hide the box and conceal all the cables. I'm not really that happy doing it in a nearly new car if I'm honest as I'm bound to break a trim clip or two and end up with a rattly dash.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
there awesome for the price its about time alpine actaully had a built in bluetooth unit very nice.

nate03

Friday :-)
Oct 20, 2004
Troon
I went for the parrot ck3200 rather than a bluetooth head unit because I was told that there is compatibility issues regarding smart phones (iphone etc) and you dont want your headunit to be obsolete when the time comes to upgrade your phone.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
fair enough mate i have a parrot unit in my car and there brilliant. u will not be dissapointed :)

LEE FR TDI

I went for the parrot ck3200 rather than a bluetooth head unit because I was told that there is compatibility issues regarding smart phones (iphone etc) and you dont want your headunit to be obsolete when the time comes to upgrade your phone.

Did you look in to adding the original seat bluetooth or can this only be added as a extra?

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside

That head unit actually has a Parrot module built in so I'm guessing it's as compatible as the ck3200 - which isn't a patch on the Ck3100 IMO

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004

But, the alpine headunit quoted above has a built in parrot bluetooth module and alpine says it will use parrot updates so it will be as up to date as a standalone bluetooth module. So best of both worlds.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Fitted it on Saturday. I relocated the plastic tray to the top slot as I think the radio looks better above the climate control unit.

Works perfectly with the steering wheel controls using the adapter from the FAQ thread and was fairly easy to install apart from the stupid plastic post thing at the back of the hole which doesn't allow enough space for the wiring. A bit of pushing and swearing got it in in the end!

The bluetooth part is a PITA to set up and connect to the phone but once connected it simple enough to use.

matt1288

ive got a sony xplod bluetooth unit in mine. easy to install, piece of cake to set up, terrible to try and have a conversation whilst motorway driving. they cant hear you, you cant hear them...rubbish. i only really use it for playing music from my phone now

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.