bmw 330ci convertible vs toledo V5

darkwolfe

Oct 13, 2006
This post isn't what you might think from the title :think:

I parked up my 150 v5 toledo a few months back, pointless selling it, it's got too many miles on it and it's worth more to me as a spare car.

The reason I parked it up was that in a mad fit I bought a BMW 330ci sport convertible with every option TV, NAV, DVD, ETC, 2002 car and man was it sweet. The car was faster than my toledo, no surprise there as it's got 3 litres and over 200bhp, a bit heavier though due to the body strengthening i guess. The car drove smoother despite the same size 18" rims, the engine purred and sounded cool with a nice 'howl' under hard acceleration, handled better than the V5 toledo too. On the down side it was 6 times more expensive too :shrug: What might have been the final nail in the coffin for the toledo was the fuel economy, the BM did the same miles to the gallon when i worked it out, just over 33. :headhurt:

So BMW was faster, better handling, smoother ride, smoother engine, more toys and just as economical....... although no one but a BMW driver would let you out a junction!!!

Just sold the BM though and loving the seat again, why, coz it's got character and the seats are way more comfy and have better support, plus I got a load a money in the bank too.:)

For all those thinking of selling your V5, don't it's the best car you'll ever own.

:funk:

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
Pound for pound I would agree with you. I easily kept up (in 5th gear) with a newish 525i in my 170, but a bigger engined beamer would have lost me. It was probably an auto though.

darkwolfe

Oct 13, 2006
Thanks Sam20v, glad to be back in the Tolly.

I drive about 40,000 miles a year and having a comfy seat is so important, plus pound for pound as mentioned it offers great value, people who ride in it are always amazed by the quality, toys and looks of the car, think the 18" cupra alloys help there.:D

Wondering what other cars forum members have and what their thoughts are, anone glad to get rid of their V5 toledo?:think:

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
I used to have a honda civic coupe sr vtec auto and although it was nippy and easier to drive, it's nothing compared to my V5170. True the engine wasn't as powerful but I could get to 90 in 3rd up a hill and I still wouldn't hit the red line on the rev counter! Not bad for a 10 year old 1.6.

If my v5 is as reliable and easy to keep I would have absolutely no regrets about changing over. In fact I am so happy with the v5 I can't think of a realistic alternative. I looked at the previous Mondeo but it's a Ford! VW was overpriced and French cars? No comment. The nearest alternative was a Lexus Is200 but the engine isn't nearly as good.

Now if only I could plug in my mp3 player to the fascia unit or the front of the CD changer I would be laughing.

nak

May 13, 2006
Had a few diffrent make's of cars in my time since i've been driving, friends always take the mickey, on how many cars i've had and how quick i change them and how much money i have wasted, the cars i have had, have always been in the £3000 and lower bracket, but i can honestly say my TOLEDO v5, i will be sticking with, i love it, the TOLEDO v5 is a rare treasure that many drivers out there have not realised, but it is there loss, so keep your V5's, we will be a rare group of car owners, lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise