boca brakes

r6mpr

hi as anyone gone for the brake upgrade for £1175 seems alots of cash cant find any info on them ????

M12ETM

Dec 11, 2009
Luton
I cant remmeber who it was, think it may have been Mardon, bought his boca without the brakes and decided to opt for them later. He said they difference is awesome and such a great option 2 have.

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Think it was ED

I have a boca without them and tbh the brakes are ok but nothing special, which is y im looking into some things

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
The racing brakes will only fit to cars with the SIRA rims. (the one bocanegra has as standard). They are too large for the others and you will need wheel spacers.

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi must say I have the ap racing brake upgrade(seat sport) and they are superb really stop strong and in my opinion well worth it. Yes not cheap but you do get full size alloy to as part of the deal so makes life bit better[B)] think edhorny got them fitted after and was cheaper.

slimbarry

Hands off!
Oct 29, 2004
Norf Essex
I'm a Mk4 owner but I think that you can upgrade the Mk5 brakes with the ever-popular 312mm Audi TT calipers and carriers OR the SEAT SPORT/AP Racing calipers found on the Mk4 Ibiza Cupra. Both much cheaper options than the factory-fitted upgrades...

I'm planning on getting a Mk5 Ibiza FR 1.4 soon. TT 312mm would be a result if they fit; I have a new set I never got round to fitting on my Mk1 Leon FR.

:thumbup:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
They are actually EPIC! You have to be careful on the motorway when it comes to a sudden stop. A 206 behind me nearly went into the barrier because he couldn't stop as well as me.

CIMG3287.jpg

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Just got back from my trip to North Wales, last time I had the standard brakes and had no confidence in them and they seemed to fade in the country lanes, but the upgrade I had on aftermarket is truly different. Way way better, they were even better when a group/posse of Tuned golfs and ibizas were on the motorway and one of them pulled out on me without looking, yep it's fair to say that the upgrade is worth it, but only if you're going to use them.

ED

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
A few facts for ya

The MK4 Ibiza AP brakes are identical to the MK5 Racing brake option

The calipers when bought new come with pads in them (just over £300 each caliper)

You can't fit AP brakes on anything below an FR regardless of wheels unless you fit new nearing housings

The brake flexis are the same on 288mm brakes and the APs

You cN upgrade from 288mm to 312mm by just changing the carriers and fitting 312mm discs (unlike and MK4 Ibiza).

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
In braking terms is there really that much difference between 288 & 312mm, apart from the obvious 24mm??

Yes. The difference is noticable, I think the original brakes are 2 pot callipers and the upgrade are 4, I think, that's what I'm led to believe, that means that the larger disc and pad surface area coupled with more piston power means much much better braking.

I can't describe the difference without putting a picture of my cheshire cat smile on here.

ED

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
:lol: Cheshire cat :lol:

I was really referring to the 312mm Audi TT upgrade - but are the AP's also 312's? I understand the AP's are a mental bit of kit, but I'm thinking the TT option might be a little lighter on the wallet

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Yeah, they're 312mm the AP racing ones, they are mental. When I first had them fitted I was outbreaking myself and then started seeing how late I can brake. It's late. Cost is about £900 aftermarket I think.

I'll give youy a slight example of the improvement, old discs and brakes I found I was braking earlier and the ABS was kicking in. I have only felt the ABS once since new brakes and that's with a little more vigour in the driving and only because a kid ran out in front of me. I was expected the kids dad to have a go at me, but he looked at the brakes and walked off.

ED

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
The TT upgrade will cost about 250-300 pounds ish.

Another reason that il be doing this is apart from a slight boost in performance they will look much better behide the wheel IMO....hopefully :funk:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Standards are single pots.

The extra diameter is extra leverage and makes a big difference

The 312mm discs are the same on the TT upgrade and the Racing brakes.

mainaman

Feb 19, 2010
London
The TT upgrade will cost about 250-300 pounds ish.

Another reason that il be doing this is apart from a slight boost in performance they will look much better behide the wheel IMO....hopefully :funk:

But the TT 225's calipers are single piston again,the TT's 312 mm discs and pads only can be bought for 100 brand new.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise