body panels resraying?!

Ibiza 09

well yet again ive chipped paint off, this time it was a case of reversing in a pile of awkwardly placed plaster board which could have been placed elsewhere, the pdc was going off as well but i thought that it was because i was reversing near the other cars so i thought nothing of it. so...

I need a respray of the bonnet from where the paint got chipped off from lifting the wiper blade incorrectly. and the corner panel on the drivers side at the back from the plaster board bump and a previous one from when i reversed into the caravan these will be touched up.

before you all say it....

yes i know bad driving, some people may be thinking how did i pass my test :rolleyes:

I am proberbly right in saying it would cost a few £££ to get these panels resprayed, i was just wondering how much it would cost to actually get it done?

Ibiza 09

well.... i came back from malta on saturday and i went to use the car - flat battery, last night i ran a chicken over then that happened this morning

Ibiza 09

yeh bludy chicken should find a zebra crossing not a blind bend and go splat round my wheel arches what a mess

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
lol ahh well that is just a wash job :) yeh i can speak to my mate about how much he would reckon it would cost as he doing a apprenticeship in spraying and panel beating.

Ibiza 09

should have got a black ibiza because then any chipped paint cant be noticed as easy :D

Ibiza 09

ok, yeh the chicken dont worry me its just the fact that i keep chipping the paint work im just wondering how i did pass my test and when am i going to actually crash the car

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
my mate says prices will vary, as its removing the panels then replacing them when putting it back on. but wouldnt be cheap could be between 200-500, just depends where you go.

Ibiza 09

what about this sort of company chips away. co. uk
i put spaces in as i wernt sure if it would be classified as advertising a company

Ibiza 09

maybe, ill leave it all till the summer just do a touch up job for now cant make it much worse get them to do the alloys in the process while there doing the paint work

Chaza123

Well unfortunately my Ibiza is visiting a body shop due to some ***** doing a hit and run on my car but its on the join of the drivers door & the wing! Not an idea place but the dents are being removed & its being resprayed for £450 total but that's mates rates. But that's a guide on price for you anyway, but obviously you only want the respray.

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
what about this sort of company chips away. co. uk
i put spaces in as i wernt sure if it would be classified as advertising a company

I have a slight (about an inch long) bumper scuff from an low bollard. :censored:

I am taking my car into Chips Away in Stafford next Tues. They have quoted £75 + VAT. TBH, it's only minor damage but I want it doing. I was expecting £100 quote for mine.

I think the £200-£500 is an honest price and one to prepare you with when that estimate does come! :cry:

If you're aren't in a hurry I will update you with the results of the work next week?

Just so you know, Chips Away were recommended to me by friends and my Seat dealership. They have said their work is very good. I gather each business is an franchise, so the bods doing the work should know there onions! :)

All the best whatever happens mate.

Andy

Ibiza 09

I have a slight (about an inch long) bumper scuff from an low bollard. :censored:

I am taking my car into Chips Away in Stafford next Tues. They have quoted £75 + VAT. TBH, it's only minor damage but I want it doing. I was expecting £100 quote for mine.

I think the £200-£500 is an honest price and one to prepare you with when that estimate does come! :cry:

If you're aren't in a hurry I will update you with the results of the work next week?

Just so you know, Chips Away were recommended to me by friends and my Seat dealership. They have said their work is very good. I gather each business is an franchise, so the bods doing the work should know there onions! :)

All the best whatever happens mate.

Andy

ok cheers they must be good then if its recommended by a few people

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members