BodyKit Pics

Stiggy

Oct 20, 2003
Loughborough
Visit site
Hi All,

Just about to order a Black Magic FR DSG with..................

Bluetooth
Conv Pack
18" Wheels
Armrest
Airbag Deactivation
Ipod
Side Skirts

I'm having trouble convincing 'The Missus' to go for the full bodykit with twin exhaust available as a 'Dealer Fit'

http://seatepac.gedas.co.uk/image.aspx?partno=1P1071610

Does anybody have any piccies they can post (Preferably in Black) but any colours would do. I have got her sold on the front & Sides it's just the back I'm having trouble with !! Alternatively I could just go for the front & sides. Any suggestions ? Piccies would be great too !.

Irfan at M1 auto's is a cool dude & great salesman too !

Cheers,

Stiggy

Stiggy

Oct 20, 2003
Loughborough
Visit site
Tam,

I did a search. Admittedly not those exact words. If you read my post thru I'm after a wee bit of advice too. Like wether to go for all round kit, just skirts or front & skirts only. Seems to be a general opinion that the kit isn't quite as effective in black.

Cheers & thanks for the search link.

Stiggy

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
My opinion is it looks rubbish in all colours. The spoiler doesnt fit right, and the plastic vents are nothing more than embarrasing. If the vents were mesh okay but plastic looks ebay-like.

The FR & Cupra look superb OEM, put some side sills on and an aftermarket spoiler if you wanted, but a bodykit like that one makes it look like a transformer

However, just my opinion

Stiggy

Oct 20, 2003
Loughborough
Visit site
Fair Enough mate. That's what makes the world go around. Personally I think it takes away the Ibiza shpae of the front nose & makes the back look wider & eliminates the dull black part of the bumper. What is there to not like about the dual exhaust ?!!!

Anyway managed to convince the wife & have ordered everything apart from the roof spoiler :funk:

Can't Wait for it to turn up.

Thanks goto Irfan at M1 auto's altho I didn't buy from him he beat my local Stealer by a £100 & I got a bargain at the Stealers. Only reason was location so if anybody is thinking of buying a new Leon get in touch with Irfan.

zeshan

May 2, 2007
Give me your email address and i will send you pictures of my black btcc leon;) looks the business mate.....

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Yeah dont worry about it, its all down to personal taste.

I cant stand the kit but then thats my opinion. I think the FR looks amazing as it is, all mine needed was some skirts and that finished it off perfectly, nice and subtle.

Good luck. Just remember when you sell it though that most people dont like the looks of the BTCC kit, so you might struggle to shift it on, point in case is a Leon with the kit thats been on sale on Pistonheads for weeks and weeks.,

May 13, 2007
hi mate heres mine in silver talk your missus into it looks better than the normal 99.9% of frs and cupras hooray for ebay vents at least your car will stand out they are actually cut out on the latest bumper on the front cheers chris
P1010021.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Stiggy

Oct 20, 2003
Loughborough
Visit site
HI LeonCP11,

Thanks for the pictures mate. Your car looks the business. Managed to get her to give the green light for front & rear bumpers with side skirts. Not gone for the spoiler or wheels yet. I have the 18" Andromha wheels so will wait & see how they look.

Here's the Spec in Full

Leon FR DSG
Black Magic
Bluetooth
Conv Pack
18 " Wheels
Ipod
Side Skirts
Front & Rear BTCC Bumpers
Wiring for Road Angel/SatNav
Armrest

Looking at Nov 30th for collection as it's already at the Stealers. They are just waiting for the bodykit to arrive & be sprayed :D

murts

Mar 31, 2007
LeonCP11,what's the story with the red Seat brake calipers, they are on the first picture but don't appear to be on the car.

I bought some red paint to do mine but haven't got round to it.

May 13, 2007
sorry for confusion the brakes were done after the pics had been taken in sept 2006 1 day old of car the brakes done in may 2007 running 18s as winter wheels chris

murts

Mar 31, 2007
How much did the brakes cost you ? I'm sure DanGB paid around £1200 second hand. As I said I bought some red paint to do mine but haven't got round to it, I fancy the propper Seat calipars but not the price.

May 13, 2007
hi they are the standard brakes just painted red with white seat decals cost about £20 to do chris

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
My 1200 pound brakes,..............well........... i had 1180 pound change
anyway unless like Dan you do a bit of track days the original FR brakes are the business!!

2007_11032ndNovemeber0010.jpg

murts

Mar 31, 2007
Chris, those brakes look the real deal, any chance you could give me a quick step by step guide. i.e. what did you take off the car/ where did you get the decals etc....

I've got the red paint so far.......

Cheers.

May 13, 2007
hi murts i would paint them on the car to save damage when refitting nexttime 1. remove pad wire retaing clip and mask up as good as you can 2. sand and clean the caliper [use brake cleaner}3. use small artist brush and a 1/2 inch brush and paint the caliper takes quite awhile and needs about 3 coats of paint 4. allow to dry and replace clip carefully as not to chip paint the decals came off ebay about £8 a pig to fit but worth it hope this helps and good luck cheers chris