Bonnet insulation / sound absorption

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Well, first journey since fitting the sound absorber today with the ICE running. A motorway run down the M1 and I can honestly report that I noticed no noise difference whatsoever :ROFLMAO:. I don't think my hearing is as acute as it used to be though, spending all my working life developing and testing jet engines :p. Ah well I still think it was a worthwhile buy at the price and, as said before, it looks much better under the bonnet with it fitted.
🤣🤣👍🏻appreciate your honesty👏🏻👌🏻

Reactions: oldgitdave

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
If you drive faster, you will increase the airflow into the engine compartment. No more heat problems.
My Honda suffers from heatsoak in stop/start traffic, common problem due to airbox next to radiator, blipping the throttle before moving off helps but any way of reducing under bonnet helps, hence bonnet blanket removal, and airbox covered in heat reflecting tape, hard to go fast in city centres.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Well, first journey since fitting the sound absorber today with the ICE running. A motorway run down the M1 and I can honestly report that I noticed no noise difference whatsoever :ROFLMAO:. I don't think my hearing is as acute as it used to be though, spending all my working life developing and testing jet engines :p. Ah well I still think it was a worthwhile buy at the price and, as said before, it looks much better under the bonnet with it fitted.
Ergo the reason it didn’t have one fitted at factory?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Ergo the reason it didn’t have one fitted at factory?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. However, the car was obviously designed to have one, hence the the space to fit one. It's more likey a cost cutting exercise imho. Why would the VZ 1.4 (245) hybrid have one otherwise? Same ICE. I can't see the more powerful electric motor causing more heat or noise tbh. No harm done though eh?

Honda obviously have a design problem if it's getting too hot in the UK climate! Nice car though the S2K (y).

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Honda obviously have a design problem if it's getting too hot in the UK climate! Nice car though the S2K (y).
Heat build up when idling in slow traffic-several sets of traffic lights, cured by blipping throttle to put cool air in before releasing clutch, not just a UK problem though, maybe a way of selling expensive Mugen induction kits?;)

Manufacturers cost cutting! surely not.
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members