Boost Gauge

x4d0w

Feb 1, 2017
I bought a boost gauge, but I have a question for my LCR.
I know where to install one of the tubes to get the pressure, but where I connect the other side to get the vacuum? I had a Seat Toledo 1.9 TDI back in my country and had one but only gave the boost pressure, but as this is a petrol engine I have no idea where the other tube connect.
Thank you for the help.

tanto

Oct 16, 2016
hi mine is connected between the inlet manifold and the fpr using a t piece

Di0g0_R

Diogo_R
Jul 22, 2017
Portugal
I also want to get a turbo manometer for my LCR, but I do not know what to put, there is a lot of variety, some suggestions?

DorsetChap

Jun 3, 2016
Dorset
I bought a boost gauge, but I have a question for my LCR.
I know where to install one of the tubes to get the pressure, but where I connect the other side to get the vacuum? I had a Seat Toledo 1.9 TDI back in my country and had one but only gave the boost pressure, but as this is a petrol engine I have no idea where the other tube connect.
Thank you for the help.

The manifold gets both turbo pressure (on throttle) and vacuum (off throttle), so connecting into any of the lines (other than the brake servo line coming off the end of the manifold) will work. As Tanto has suggested, the line to the FPR is the easiest to 'T' into and most commonly used. There is a 'snakepit' of hoses under the manifold that will inevitably cause a boost leak problem at some time, so some (including me) have deleted their N249 and PCV systems to simplify the system and make it less prone to boost leaks. Whenever a 'delete' involves plugging a manifold outlet you could instead use it for a boost gauge, etc.

DorsetChap

Jun 3, 2016
Dorset
I also want to get a turbo manometer for my LCR, but I do not know what to put, there is a lot of variety, some suggestions?

Only you can decide which gauge meets your needs, is affordable, and looks good. There are many simple boost gauges as you have said. If you want to control your boost pressure whilst driving then you might consider an electronic boost controller (ebc) that will also show your boost pressure (e.g. GReddy OLED), or you may want to know what your ECU says the pressure is (e.g. Liquid Gauge or VAG-COM). I expect that there are Bluetooth apps that could display this info too. Just Google 'Boost gauge' and look at their 'Images' and let your heart rule your head - it's what owning an LCR is all about!

Di0g0_R

Diogo_R
Jul 22, 2017
Portugal
Only you can decide which gauge meets your needs, is affordable, and looks good. There are many simple boost gauges as you have said. If you want to control your boost pressure whilst driving then you might consider an electronic boost controller (ebc) that will also show your boost pressure (e.g. GReddy OLED), or you may want to know what your ECU says the pressure is (e.g. Liquid Gauge or VAG-COM). I expect that there are Bluetooth apps that could display this info too. Just Google 'Boost gauge' and look at their 'Images' and let your heart rule your head - it's what owning an LCR is all about!

Thanks for the opinion, I bought a STRI 2 BAR, it should arrive during this week, I have not decided where to put it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise