Boost leak...

T. Spark

Hello :wave:

One of the problems I have atm (this is the smaller of two issues) is this :

DSC00457.jpg

Its come loose you say, well just unclip it and push it back in, an place the clip back...

Well err ive done that.. and its done it again? and again?! Any ideas of what to try next?

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
first get a new clip, make sure it's the right one there are 3 similar, fit clip and check that the two legs are parallel if not remove and take a fine file to the housing untill they are, then plug in pipe, O,:) and you might as well have a new o ring if you're going to the stealers

T. Spark

Rip the dam EGR system off and fit a larger more free flow system with a staight alloy pipe while using good clips and samco pipework to replace the rubber Seat stuff.

Sounds great, where would I get sound things mate?

first get a new clip, make sure it's the right one there are 3 similar, fit clip and check that the two legs are parallel if not remove and take a fine file to the housing untill they are, then plug in pipe, O,:) and you might as well have a new o ring if you're going to the stealers

New clip you say hmm, whats up with that one lol! I have checked if the two legs are parallel and they were both in the designed space from what I could see underneath.

Going to try it one last time, take it all off give it all a good clean around the slipping area and try again... ggrr

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Sounds great, where would I get sound things mate?

Samco pipework usually cheapest from Forge or try RS tuning. Miklor clamps are brillent for high boost pipes which THIS place is quite good for stuff or just shop around ans an Allard EGR replacement pipe which Forge where ment to be making a copy of or just get one made yourself as it`s just a straight pipe with a plate one end.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
The reason it keeps coming off is because the lug on the pipe will have worn. These hook behind the clip so if there worn theres no chance of it holding.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Yeh i know bud. Think its running 1.8bar at the moment and the clips are prone to failing even on standard cars. Really poor design.

T. Spark

Samco pipework usually cheapest from Forge or try RS tuning. Miklor clamps are brillent for high boost pipes which THIS place is quite good for stuff or just shop around ans an Allard EGR replacement pipe which Forge where ment to be making a copy of or just get one made yourself as it`s just a straight pipe with a plate one end.

Dont think anyone will be getting anything from Allards any time soon will they lol!

Might have to get in contact with Forge then and see if they do one...

brad1

please correct me if im worng, but i thought forge or someone had one of these kits for this pipe available, check out sfs, they do a full silicone version of this pipe :)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
please correct me if im worng, but i thought forge or someone had one of these kits for this pipe available, check out sfs, they do a full silicone version of this pipe :)

Get onto SFS T.Spark. See how many other Ibiza folks you can round up so when you speak to SFS you can tell them you have x amount of parties interested ;)

Brilliant hoses! Even better are the billet connectors which mean i'll never have a problem with hoses popping off due to worn lugs.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield

10042008278%281%29.jpg

I was so close to buying this, but then started reading all the Allard problems.........

Forge did mention a Leon EGR replacement, but its anyones guess as to how long that might take.....everytime I ask I just get told to 'watch this space'..

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Do they have a shop? Or is all done via online?

I might know a salesman who works round that area so I could ask him to pop in and pick a EGR pipe up.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.